Personal Attacks

by Band on the Run 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Recently, I showed a great deal of vulnerability by posting that severe pain had popped out again and my morphine pump needs some tinkering. It seems I am attacked with some frequency for posting here but other frequent posters are not. Rather than discuss the merits of a subject, some people engage in personal attack. The response to my pain announcement post was very heart warming. It helped me so much. I hate showing any vulnerability here b/c of personal attacks.

A Bible Student and others could not argue with the merits of my position on the First Amendment and targeting a single religion to lose tax exemption. This is one area of law I know well. A Bible Student and others could not trounce me on the merits. There is no reason why they should know advanced Establishment Clause law. Law school left me with sketchy basics. Actual practice required intense research into the area. My gut reaction b/c of the Witness and the Court at the time was separatism reigns. No more. Other lawyers have remaked to me how shocked they were when they did research. I thought Roberts, Scalia, and Alito were crazy. My research led me to believe that there was merit to their arguments. Thomas is just out in outer space.

I posted b/c I feel it is very important for citizens to know this area of civics. Rather than engage me, I was ridiculed for being in pain. My pain has been active for one and a half weeks. My exposure to this topic started in college, a very long time ago. I am not allowed to say what I know. No one has to agree with me. The personal attack based on short illness. One of the main reasons morphine pumps are installed is that there are no side effects compared to severe side effects with oral opiates. I would welcome a discussion on the merits.

A Bible Student attacked or ridiculed the credentials of anyone who disagreed with his petition. An accounting position is now a sin.

My family suffered serious persecution, including prison, for being Witnesses. Business law never interested me. I was always trying to stop the persecution that was patently unfair. Call my analysis shabby. Quote from a Supreme Court case that proves me wrong. B/c far better I goof up here and make a mistake than in the real world. I believe that attacking someone for being temporarily ill and b/c my relatives went to prison is fundamentally unfair. What is humorous about this exchange is that one would think I had transformed into James Woods or Botchtower. Conservative views were just popping out of me.

Sometimes you have to know that, despite your passion, your time is wasted. Dialogue is not sought. Time to brush off your feet and move on. I confess I tend to stick it out too long.

Vigorous debate, misunderstandings are one thing. Picking on a person's illness or the sad experience of family members is low. If my WT experience enraged me to practice law, I am glad. One would never find me getting worked up about securities law or antitrust law. Sometimes the discourse is so low here, I want to flee forever. I recall all the brilliant and varied posts that have so educated me.

• baltar447
    baltar447

Haters gonna hate.

Peace out

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

I enjoy your posts and any knowledge on law that you present is appricated. As a nurse, I sympathize with your pain. I deal with people's pain everyday that I work as an oncology nurse. I have much empathy with those who

have such pain. I do hope you are feeling better and that your pain has eased.

• ziddina
    ziddina

I sincerely hope that those who showed a cold lack of understanding of your pain, may someday experience a small portion of what you're going through...

Sometimes it takes that, to wake people up...

Huggies - if it helps...

• james_woods
    james_woods
    What is humorous about this exchange is that one would think I had transformed into James Woods or Botchtower. Conservative views were just popping out of me.

Oh, I don't think anybody really believed that.

But you were correct about the silly petition.

Hope you are feeling better.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I hope you get your pain under control. I've enjoyed reading your posts on legal issues.

• cofty
    cofty

Wishing you all the best in getting control of the pain asap.

• nugget
    nugget

I agree that debate should relate to the arguments presented and not to individuals. Pain is not funny and back pain is debilitating. I was on oral opiates for a week and was totally spaced out. With two children to look after I didn't know what was worse the pain or the out of it feeling.

Don't let others get you down when you're right you're right.

• ssn587
    ssn587

Attacking people because of their views or opinions is something the Borg constantly does and it is encouraged throught the various king dumb halls.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

many times, you will see me hating leeches of society............. But, I will never attack the needy.

I know it was not me, but at the same time I would like to apologyze to anyone in the past that I may have hurt.

On this board, the enemy should be the same (The washtowel and it's many tentacles)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit