The BRAND is what sells JW's and the alternate lifestyle

by Terry 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

If you are poisonous and seek to use your venom successfully, what better disguise than "harmless"?

The majority of rank and file JW's don't know they aren't in the only True religion.

These are people who don't fit in anywhere else.

Misfits made to fit.....then, trapped for life.

Even when the get a clue and discover it is all bunkum--where else could they possibly go and fit in??

Nowhere.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Religion is a show of smoke and mirrors entwined with illusions to incite and infringe upon people's emotions.

The many various religions is nothing but a display of different shows, put on by different producers and actors.

Show starts Sunday morning at 10 am. sharp .

Admission is free but we may ask for donations after the show

• Terry
    Terry

JW's represent to others.

They are a billboard.

They are ACTING out a role.

Inside, they are just petty, ordinary weak and clueless humanity pretending to be powerful and strong.

They are a flat screen upon which something enormous has been projected.

But, inside, they are confused and frightened and trying to hold on to something that will let them pass through a terrible thing.....which is only imagined to be true.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

they are a nicely labelled tin can of toxic waste.

Oz

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Yeah it's all true... we here at JWN do try to shoot the Witnesses down on doctrine... but really the appeal is to be one of the 'happy shiny people'... when your own family feels more dysfunctional the the JW's- (is that possible?) you're a potential convert, lol!

• still thinking
    still thinking

trans...that would be funny if it wasn't true....

• James Brown
    James Brown

I was born in back in 52, I never got a chance to buy the lifestyle.

All I could do was escape it.

• Terry
    Terry

When JW's look in the mirror they see exactly what they want to see. It isn't fashion, wealth, trendy contemporary hipness or success. They want to see something that looks like it was clipped out of a 1955 newspaper photo. Bland. Gray.

They imagine inside their head that we out here in Apostate-hell spend our days scared shitless of looming Armageddon as we smoke, drink, pop pills, fornicate and play violent video games cursing God and drowning our sorrows in cynical complaints about how awful they are.

We are both a little bit spot on!

Except, we Apostates are free to change.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

I like this thread. Trying to work out how Witnesses who have lived through all the Watchtower's failed promises, and gone into old age- still aux pioneering- can still believe in this religion is impossible: they must have lost some faith; but still they go on. But maybe it is the lifestyle they are promoting- and a vague belief that one day... the world really will end.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Interesting points. I've been thinking back on what it was that drew me to the JWs, and I must admit part of it was the clean lifestyle promoted. Another part was sincerely wanting to do the will of God. However, I can see that they do not do the will according to knowledge, and over-inflate the preaching aspect. I've long thought they went on more about the preaching than even the Bible did.

Yes, I've drawn much praise over the years as a clean living, respectable, decent person. And that's a good thing. Being determined to what's 'right' kept me out of trouble I believe, though it's a pity about all the other rubbish I had to swallow along with the clean living and being nice thing. I curbed my anger management issue I had when I was a teen, and now I'm as cool as a cucumber. I put a lot down to maturity, and a lot down to actual Bible verses I've applied

Although I never made a convert, like most of us, I acted the role most of the time though when it came to field service and that. The only thing I liked about witnessing was hanging out with friends and seeing cool houses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit