7777 posts and I have decided to --

by moshe 30 Replies latest jw friends

• wasblind
    wasblind

Just step back for a while, sometimes tryna open closed eyes can be taxin'

then when you fell like it . You know where to roll

• darth frosty
    darth frosty
    One evening of Internet research can tell a JW all he needs to know about Judge RutherFraud and his Millions now living will never die, Beth Sarim, Princes, 1975, 1914, etc - they can leave under their own steam anytime they choose.

Amen take care and enjoy yourself!

• Ding
    Ding

Moshe,

I once had the expectation that when I shared with JWs what I had found out about the organization, most of them would come out, especially if what I showed them came right out of WT publications.

That didn't happen.

For many, the WT conditioning, fear, guilt, and intimidation tactics are just too strong.

As I've gotten older and hopefully wiser I consider it a success if I'm able to help even one person break free.

I wish I could be a lot more effective, but it is what it is.

Don't let the numbers get you down.

If you help even one person, you have helped one person.

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

Moshe, I always liked your avatar. I need to post one if I can ever figure out how to do it

• ziddina
    ziddina

Aw, Moshe, I am seriously going to miss you!!!

Your wry wit and biting intellect have always made for interesting and entertaining posts - and thought-provoking ideas.

We may not have always seen eye-to-eye, but I'm really going to miss you... crying dragon

• moshe
    moshe

My Jack Benny avatar seemed to be a good fit - I aged into him.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

moshe:

The board will miss a good poster such as yourself.

I don't blame you for not wanting to engage newbies in conversation but you do have to feel sorry for them (a little bit) because they are literally up to their necks in quicksand, and everybody cannot just give the religion the finger like you did and walk out. (What about people with businesses and a family to feed? They would have the rug pulled out from under them so fast it would make your head spin. )

Also, like the poster Ding above says, you could show many JWs all the proof you already have against the religion and they just will not accept it. I think a person has to reach a point that they can't take it anymore. This point varies from person to person.

I have no relatives there, so I am not on a personal mission to get anybody out of there. It is enough that I am out. I may be a "fader" but I am still out and who knows if they will make announcements about people like me in the future. If they do it's no loss to me because I had no real friends there anyway.

Good luck to you.

• cedars
    cedars

See you around Moshe. I don't know you that well, but I'm sure you'll be missed.

Cedars

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

Moshe: Haven't had time to really get to know you, but I always enjoyed reading your posts. Keep your head up and enjoy life as short as it is, and we will be thinking of you. Your brother in arms.

Kojack

• moshe
    moshe

I have topic to post that just hit the news-- just a few more minutes--

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit