It just keeps getting better and better.

by Sour Grapes 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

Two comments at last weeks meeting:

1. The education that we receive at the Kingdom

Hall is the best in the universe.

2. The movie "The Advengers" should not be seen because

it is a part of Babylon the Great since the super hero's

represent the Nephlem.

Sour Grapes

• rebel8
    rebel8

Triple WTF WTF WTF?!

it is a part of Babylon the Great

Their symbol of false religion -- this movie is a part of false religion.

since the super hero's represent the Nephlem

Uh...what do the giants in the bible have to do with false religion? Even the bible doesn't claim that, does it?

the super hero's represent the Nephlem

Uh...uh...how so?

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I went to see the Avengers this weekend. It was just like the comic strip. It was the classic story of good vs. evil, with the evil being the aliens who took over people's minds making them into zoombies that carried out the evil purpose. No Babylon the Great message came to my mind. It followed, in a way, the Wizard of Oz story line, combined with Independence Day. It was non-stop action, that went "on & on & on." Wasn't my first movie choice, but the kiddies loved it.

I kept thinking of Scarlett Johanasson's pants. They were way too tight!

Skeeter

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Reminds me of a CA when the DO stated from the podium, that Star Wars is an insult to God's creation.

He also went on to rant about weddings and how "Christian" his was. Some sisters made some meals and other sisters sang Kingdom Melodies for entertainment.

Yea they are all full of themselves

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

You just can't this stuff up.

At a previous meeting it was said from the stage that

the Hunger Games movie was "off limits" to JW's.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Personally, I will not see the Hunger Games. But, that's my personal preference. I don't find entertainment in a game of children gladiators, killing other children, until the last one stands. That's not enjoyment for me.

I didn't see Star Wars, until my 40s. Now, I know why. It wasn't allowed.

Skeeter

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Oh, could you ask an honest question to the elder that made the announcement? Please ask him if this decision came from the Society, or just the local elder board, etc.? Be super polite about it. Just be curious.

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

I kept thinking of Scarlett Johanasson's pants. They were way too tight!

Impossible!!!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The education you receive at the Kingdumb Hell the best in the universe? At what, training people for mass enslavement?

The witlesses are trained for nothing but pious-sneering. Some go to Beth Hell, while others go on stupid missions (anyone really want to go to Nigeria to build up their congregations?). But, for nothing. You make nothing, you create nothing. You take abuse, and don't complain. This trains them for mass human enslavement, not productive living.

Put bluntly, the first time I found the Joy of Satan web site, I felt I got a better education in one page view on that site than I did in all the years at the Kingdumb Hell. I felt more spiritually enlightened just from that, and that explained the problems in the LIE-ble better. They also did a better job at educating me about my soul than the witlesses ever did. And that was a blatantly Satanic site. Now, if the Washtowel bashes Satan to such a great extent, then I challenge them to sensibly explain why Satan gives me so much better a view of the soul and the universe than Jehovah does.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Skeet that just makes u a target for attention

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit