Is There Any Real Difference Between Elders & Priests?

by minimus 61 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Episcopal and Orthodox priests do not answer to a pope.

• Knowsnothing
  • Hortensia
    Hortensia

Not much, they are religious leaders who want to control and dominate other folks' lives.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Not much, they are religious leaders who want to control and dominate other folks' lives.

I like you, Hortensia, but you can't know much about priests if you make a statement like this. I guess maybe some Roman Catholic priests might, but I'd say most don't and I know Episcopal priests aren't like that all. I don't have enough dealings with Eastern Orthodox priests, so I can't say.

• still thinking
    still thinking

LOL knowsnothing...stop reasoning with facts...

Elders overlook child abuse cases....priests overlook child abuse cases....and if it confessed to them keep it to themselves because it is between them and their god.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    Just what exactly am I missing here?

Elders get confessed tosummon the acccused to a mandatory interrogation, priests get confessed to voluntarily--they have no power to compel a confession.

Elders enjoy privileged information which is known to multiple elders on the judicial council and to witnesses who testify before the council, which becomes fodder for gossip when an announcement is made to the congregation; priests enjoy privileged information known only to them and the penitent, and they are forbidden to reveal even the existance of such information to anybody (even if their silence means going to prison).

Elders get orders from Bethel as spelled out in the top-secret elders manual and letters from HQ that most members are forbidden to see; priests get orders from published encyclical letters and the code of canon law, available for anybody to see and read (clergy, layman, and non-Catholic alike)--the same rules which apply to all members of the Church, including the Vatican.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Botr, i agree with you, especially when you said elders dont know basic catholisium. I have a hard enough time keeping up with dubbie drivel i refuse to worry over cathlic teachings.

AND WE DONT GET PAID FOR THIS CRAP!!!!!!!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

As I see it, they are modeled almost directly after the very church they love so much to bash. You have deacons assistant hounders, priests hounders, bishops hounder-hounders, archbishops hounder-hounder-hounders, cardinals hounder-hounder-hounder-hounders (who operate just below the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger class), and popes members of the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger class. More than one pope--you get a committee that is usually between 7 and 12 scums (usually scums) making all the decisions at the top, passing it down the ranks.

Notably, like the churches they love so much to bash, all those in those ranks are men. Both groups denigrade women. About the only difference is that, in the Cat Lick church, priests are supposed to be celibate and the hounders are allowed to marry. About like the difference between Catholicism and Anglicism--not very much structural difference.

• La Falta Habitacion Por Sr Hor-Hey!!
    La Falta Habitacion Por Sr Hor-Hey!!
    AND WE DONT GET PAID FOR THIS CRAP!!!!!!!

But it is a privilege none the less.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

The real shitty part is when the next local needs part comes up. The "sinner" is exposed when some talk about sex/drugs/alcohol/apostasy/smoking is given from the stage. Confidentiality my ass.

CULT!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit