Could you 'Wake Up Happy' if you were an active Witness, knowing what you know now? (A 2012 Convention invitation)

by ScenicViewer 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

If I had the time, I'd rework the tract as a vampire advertisement. You could leave the text almost the same and just change the pictures...

fangs

Want to live forever, enjoying happy thoughts and forgetting all about your old troubles?

Join us!

But remember to safeguard your heart... from wooden stakes.

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

@sinedide How are you trying to make friends and involve yourself in other activities? What are your hobbies, can you join some clubs and groups that focus on things you enjoy?

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Well when you don't know, you don't know. So it was easy being a JW and there were times of happiness - yes. I was popular, I had many friends and when I left, all that left as well. I know I will never go back to being a witness. I'm going through a low lonely patch now but I'll never get that low or desperate. Plus knowing what we know - well that would just be the stupidest thing ever.

Looking at those times. It's like spending a full day at work, without the luxury of lots of coffee breaks, talking nonsense, eating popcorn. I have fantasised about going to a convention wearing a T that says in front, over my boobs: 144 001 and on the back, some goats

• finally awake
    finally awake

I wake up a lot happier in the mornings now than when I was a dub. I actually don't mind getting out of bed and drinking coffee on the porch with Just Ron, especially on the weekend when I don't have to cut it short to go to work. I was *never* this peaceful and content as a dub.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Great description by Billy the Ex: "pre-recorded propagandist lip-sync melodrama"?

I hate to give the Watchtower good ideas, but they could actually make it a live play and not alienate the Brits so much if they just used body microphones. The "actors" would still be going off a manuscript, but the reduced melodramatic hand-gestures and off-putting accents would be a plus for the JWs.

om

• cantleave
    cantleave

Everyone in the community is invited......

I wonder how long it would take for me to be evicted?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit