does this from the june km make ANY sense with todays tower study - Blondie has done a great review

by therevealer 21 Replies latest jw friends

• therevealer
    therevealer

Twelve Reasons for Preaching

Why do we preach and teach the good news? Is it primarily to help honesthearted people onto the road to life? (Matt. 7: 14) That is the first reason listed below, but it is not our primary one. Which of the following 12 reasons for engaging in the ministry do you think is the most important?

1. It helps save lives.-John 17:3.

2. It serves to warn the wicked. -Ezek. 3:18, 19.

3. It contributes to the fulfillment of Bible prophecy.-Matt. 24:14.

4. It is an expression of God's righteousness. No charge can be brought against Jehovah that he destroyed the wicked without giving them opportunity to repent.-Acts 17:30,31;1 Tim. 2:3,4.

5. It allows us to discharge our debt to give spiritual help to people purchased with the blood of Jesus. -Rom. 1:14, 15.

6. It enables us to avoid bloodguilt. -Acts 20:26, 27.

7. It is a requirement for our own salvation.-Ezek. 3:19; Rom. 10:9, 10.

8. It demonstrates love for neighbor. -Matt. 22:39.

9. It shows obedience to Jehovah and his Son.-Matt. 28:19, 20.

10. It is part of our worship.-Heb. 13:15.

11. It expresses our love for God. -1 John 5:3.

12. It contributes toward the sanctification of Jehovah's name.-Isa. 43:10-12;Matt. 6:9.

Of course, these are not the only reasons we engage in the ministry. For example, preaching strengthens our faith and also gives us the privilege to be God's fellow workers. (1 Cor. 3:9) However, the most important reason for sharing in the ministry is number 12. Regardless of the response we receive, the ministry contributes toward the sanctification of God's name and gives Jehovah a reply to the one who is taunting him. (Prov. 27: 11) Indeed, we have compelling reasons to 'continue without letup teaching and declaring the good news.'-Acts 5:42.

• ssn587
    ssn587

It's typical putting bs in the form of needing to go d-d. They always twist and turn scripture to fit their conceived nonsense.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Im sorry maybe i missed it..... How do they contridict each other? Its all tribe i admit, but how do the wt for today and that km not say the same (pointless) thing?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Regardless of the response we receive, the ministry contributes toward the sanctification of God's name and gives Jehovah a reply to the one who is taunting him. (Prov. 27: 11)

I've been thinking for a very long time, even when I was still in, that Jehovah can actually sound worse than the one taunting him.

• designs
    designs

FHN- Even Satan can't destroy the world....

• bohm
    bohm

(I imagine jehovah and the devil at the end of days)

Jehovah: I am going to kill you now!

Devil: You still suck.

Jehovah: no!

devil: yes!

jehovah: No, you see single mom Ms. Hyde-Smith went door to door monday the 4rd of august 1948 near her home in Eddingburg, england. She placed 2 tracts and got invited in for tea by her elderly neighbour who felt bad for her. And consider elder brother Jim Machintosh, ..

Devil: (jumps into lake and fire)

• therevealer
    therevealer

@elderlite - todays tower they are saving lives. That km they are sanctifying jah's name. Gotta make up their minds. Why do they preach. To save lives or sanctify god's name. I realize that km lists 12 bits of bull. But then why at other times in other articles in assembly parts and on and on push the preaching work and the saving of lives. So is it (Matthew 24:14) 14 And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come. Or is it "preach until you sanctify god's name and then the end will come?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    FHN- Even Satan can't destroy the world....

True and he doesn't follow people around trying to destroy their self esteem and make their children absolutely miserable.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Satan doesn't try to keep people under control by keeping them terrified and guilt filled.

• cantleave
    cantleave

If they really believed it was "LIFE SAVING" they wouldn't go about it in such a half arsed manner!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit