Watchtower admits, "We are like the Catholic Church"

by Juan Viejo2 37 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Calvin Rouse describes himself as "general counsel for the National Organization of Jehovah's Witnesses out of Brooklyn, New York."

While representing one of the defendants during a trial held in San Mateo County Court in Redwood City, California, on February 22, 2012, Rouse made this amazing statement:

"Ordinarily, I wouldn't be here, but this is one our 13,000 congregations in the United States. We are a heirarchial religion structured just like the Catholic Church..."

After making that amazing admission, he then goes on to almost brag about that fact:

"And when the order from the Pope comes down defrocking a priest and kicking him out, he no longer has any say in any matter in the local parish priest...in the parish."

"We brought our organizational bylaws book, our rule book here, and we are prepared to present witnesses that this is a hierarchial organization. It is governed from the top down..."

So the matter is settled. After all these years, the Watchtower finally comes right out in court and under oath, one of their own attorneys clearly states that they are just like the Catholic Church. Whatever goes on, even at the local levels, is completely controlled by the headquarters in New York state.

So all those times they said that they were not responsible for what happened in local congregations - the Watchtower leaders and legal representatives were lying. They knew that they were lying and they did that under oath too.

You can read this amazing statement and even more surprising information on my latest post at Ex-JW.com:

Menlo Park Kingdom Hall: The State Lawsuit

Article includes PDF segments of the entire trial transcript (except for one page that was left out by the court reporter).

Feel free to comment. Second federal court case continues in San Jose, California. I'll publish more on that as it becomes available.

JV

• moshe
    moshe

"Mother" in NY won't give up control of all their property and wealth without a fight.

• baltar447
    baltar447

These shiesters will say in one courtroom where they are being sued because of an elder body's screwup that they are congregational. In another courtroom they will aruge the opposite. Lying bastards.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Unbelievable!

Loz x

• cantleave
    cantleave

I thought they were all brothers in Christ, all equal!

• cedars
    cedars

Brilliant stuff Juan, I'm looking forward to checking out those court transcripts!!

It's remarkable that they can be so brazen in court, but so deceptive in the literature. They're truly speaking with a forked tongue.

Cedars

• nugget
    nugget

We need to keep track of these contradictions and statements. In Australia nothing that happens is the responsibility of the Governing Body but in America what the Governing body says is law. In other countries individuals do not represent the organisation everything they choose to do is their personal decision but in the USA no one can serve without official permission.

As has been previously pointed out one has to do with responsibility for actions and the other has to do with ownership of property. So the buildings count for more than the people who worship in them.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Juan Viejo2:

Thanks for that information. Part of the reason I joined the JWs is because they represented themselves as NOT being like the church! They claimed they "had no clergy class" and were "simply bible students". Boy, was I fooled. But, I suppose religions can get away with all this dishonesty and doubletalk.

Everything I read and hear about makes my "fade" from the JWs super justified and why I want nothing to do with any other religion either.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

But wait! What about the claim of "no clergy laity distinction"??

• sd-7
    sd-7

Well, they'll say anything in court. As long as it was said and not written, it can be dismissed as "apostate propaganda" if someone brings it up. And if it was written, it can always be rewritten or you can always be DF'd for pointing it out. Maybe you just don't know how it works around heah, son. I be de sheriff, and you be de lahw-ahbidin' citizen. If you be likin' dat head on dem dere shoulders, that is.

--sd-7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit