Are you approved to report (from the km for july)

by therevealer 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• therevealer
    therevealer

Yes indeedy. If you are fortunate enough to be approved you can report (as in be allowed to report) 15-minute increments. I knew that older ones, for example, were encouraged to report even the smallest amount of service and the cong. would include it in the report. But being approved to do so? So the ministry, this great and wonderful work Jehovah has set as a requirement for life (evidently/apparently) can be done/reported in 15 minute blocks, but one must be approved for such a privelege!!

1 When the end of each month arrives and all are asked to submit their field service report, what is your "cause for exultation"? (Gal. 6:4) Whether we are special pioneers reporting 130 hours in the ministry or publishers approved to report in 15-minute increments, all of us should rejoice in our whole-souled service to Jehovah.-Ps. 100:2.

And why was this instituted in the first place. Simply because reporting service is the equivalent to being one of Jehovah's Witnesses. When older ones or invalid persons were not able to achieve at least and hour of service in a month they became irregular or after six months inactive. And imagine how these poor souls felt when they knew this was the equivalent to no longer being a reporting publisher/jw. AND we come full circle. What is the true reason or purpose of the field ministry?

And, as a side note. Can you even Imagine putting in 130 hours.

• cantleave
    cantleave
    And, as a side note. Can you even Imagine putting in 130 hours

Yep it would be very much like sitting on the chair of torture....

• sd-7
    sd-7

"Whole-souled service" isn't something we need an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of. Is there some part of that they don't understand? How do they think things work in heaven, exactly? It just gives this image of a Heavenly Service Department with all these angels tapping at their JehovahSoft Excellence spreadsheets. "Hey, Gabe--did District #3B submit their field service reports yet?" "Yeah, I got 'em. Wow, what whole-souled service. Look at that. Easily a 10-hour average. Hey Mike, we got our quota! 100 districts reporting!"

--sd-7

• james_woods
    james_woods

Wait just a minute - do I understand this correctly?

You have to report in 1 hour increments - UNLESS you have a "special approval" to report in 15 minute increments???

What is this bullshit? What if you were a fairly regular publisher and got - say - 8 hours and 15 minutes? Do you just drop the 15 minutes?

More Watchtower Head Games.

• watson
    watson

Nope, you have to be approved for all ministry. Minimal, "unbaptised publisher". Once you have that, you can moved up in the ranks. Anyone, once they are approved can report in the 15 minute increments.

• Room 215
    Room 215

what's the point of all this micro managing? Most people round off (fudge) their reports anyway.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Yes, you have to be 'approved'. If you do 8h15m as a regular publisher, you just report 10 hours right?

• baltar447
    baltar447

My understanding is that you have to have some special circumstances to report in 15 minute increments. It's up to the local BOE to decide.

Any regular publisher can put in in 1-hour increments.

• baltar447
    baltar447

Really though they pretty much make up time. If you're a family head then they might even put down study and RVs for you. I have experienced this. "Oh of course brother hounder, we read bible stories to the kids all the time." Presto, 4 hrs, 4 Rvs, 1 study.

• sd-7
    sd-7

My understanding was that if you were a regular publisher who got 8 hours and 15 minutes, that you would carry those uh, theocratic rollover minutes to the next month, so that when you get the next 45 minutes, it becomes a full hour. That was what the congregation secretary said from the platform in my old congregation. I never saw that in writing, but I went ahead and did it.

--sd-7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit