9:40 Symposium:Motivate Right hearted Ones to Love . . . Their Spiritual Father (Acts 13:48; 16:14) Their Spiritual Mother (Proverbs 6:20)

by wolfman85 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

This is a topic for DC 2012. It turns out that more than 7 million JW are not the spiritual children of God to the WT, the most we can hope for is to be His friends. Are we or are we not spiritual children of God? The truth is that this organization has made us spiritual bastards.

The other theme of "spiritual mother" has pagan and idolatrous connotations. Where is Jesus Christ our Saviour in all this?

• cult classic
    cult classic

If anyone in the audience has any stem cells left, this should go over like a lead balloon. It'll be given early in the morning so they'll still be shuffling to settle in their seats and won't be paying attention. I'm actually mildly interested in how this outline will read. The title is just plain weird.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Interesting they pull Proverbs 6:20 for that "mother" scripture, thats the best they can do? Oh yeah, "organization" doesn't appear in the bible so they have to pull something out of their a$$.

Another Proverb bent beyond recognition simply to suit a massive business in New York....

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

*pukes* I may be forced to attend this convention. Should I take careful notes and put them up on JWN for disection? oh wait did I see that they are releasing the outlines?

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

The title of that talk stood out to me too. Elderly bethelites I knew always used to refer to the society as 'mother'. I thought it was a bit weird then - I think it's full blown cult now.

• baltar447
    baltar447

Depends thecrushed, on whether it's an early Convention or not. If it's late in the summer, we will already have the audio and some notes I'd wager. If you're going to go, go early if you can. In fact, taking your wife to a different convention would probably be a great idea. Make it like a vacation get away and do fun stuff after the DC.

• sd-7
    sd-7

I would have thought the more obvious scripture would've been Galatians 4:26: "But the Jerusalem above is free, and she is our mother." Although I really don't think Paul meant it quite like that...as in verse 24 he says, "These things stand as a symbolic drama; for these [women] mean two covenants." Contrasting the old Law covenant with the new covenant--that was the point. But the Society doesn't need to explain that because it only matters that the scripture says "she is our mother".

Given that it's at most symbolic, we literally can't love our spiritual mother; she's not an actual being or entity that we can love.

And I reiterate as was said above, Jehovah's Witnesses are not children of God! This is what they are taught! So how can they love parents that aren't even theirs? They're going to be adopted 1,000 years from now, though, so...way to go, Dad...trying to beat those child support payments, are we?

--sd-7

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

In the Spanish program the second part of the symposium states "... su madre espiritual, la organizaciĆ³n de Dios"(Proverbios 6:20).

So in Spanish they are clearly saying that the organization is our mother, while in the program in English they are more subtle.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Oh how I miss the Burrito, Shasta Cola, and Swiss Miss Pudding!

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

BOC - Remember the Vess cola before Shasta? And the hoagies? Ohhhhh the hoagies

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit