I made it!! I'm just so freaking happy!!!

by Rocky_Girl 61 Replies latest jw friends

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Congratulations, RG! A great achievement in such a ridiculously short amount of time, considering your circumstances.

You are a shining example of why the WT, Inc. hates college. Has absolutely nothing to do with material desires, has everything to do with the ability to think and be confident.

Up yours, Bethel!!

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

Angie

that is awesome, what you have accomplish with 2 little ones is truley amazing, you will surely see the value in having a degree during the next many years.

Both of my children did not go to college because i did not "wake up in time" and once I did, I realized it was too late,

They attempted CC but baled because as I believe it was never a real goal for them - just an afterthought.

You did it! and you can make sure your children have a great future and also make sure they go on to Higher Education, too!

Hip Hip horray!

DG

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Congrats Angie!!!!! I'm proud of you!

• Rocky_Girl
    Rocky_Girl

wasblind: I'm expecting the call any day to give my experience in the next awake, LOL, or the DC next month... It sort of invalidates the DC experience I did as a teenager, 16, when I graduated high school early and started pioneering instead of going to college.

Yan Bibiyan: I often wonder what a JW would do with a textbook where the questions at the end of the chapter do not have an easy to find and highlight answer.

GLTirebiter, dreamgolfer: It was a lot of work. I finished the BS in three years and then did the MS and added two minors in the last two years. I have amazing mentors that kept me on track. I haven't really slept in five years, but yes! it is so worth it.

harleybear: That is awesome! I found that being a, relatively, older student gave me an edge because of my experience and because I wasn't as succeptible to peer pressure. But, it was harder in that I had real life issues to deal with as I was attending which some of my professors (younger than me) and some other students did not understand. Overall, though, I think I had a better experience than if I had gone as a 20 yr old.

d: I will be looking for your celebratory post when it happens!

Thank you for all the congrats! It means the world to me :)

• Open mind
    Open mind

Thank you so much for sharing your success with us.

Brightened my day, and you and your children's lives.

CONGRATULATIUONS!!!

om

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Yes! Sending you a virtual green visor and 10-key.

Skeeter

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Rocky_Girl:

Congratulations! You are really rather young and you have your whole life ahead of you.

Yes, it is so much better to have friends that like you for who you are and not because of adherence to some flimsy belief system

• JonathanH
    JonathanH

Congrats! I hope I can do as well as you did. I'm 27 and just finished my first year of college majoring in Mathematics and Electrical Engineering. You're an inspiration knowing that it can be done.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Well done Rocky Girl!!!! All that hard work will pay off for you in the long run.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I will "happy dance" with you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit