Let's do a brief exercise, shall we?

by Mr. Falcon 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon
    I would disagree with your conclusion about a creator, though. Each one is beautifully at home in its environment and does what it does to survive. The sea in particular is full of wonderful creatures, but benign and friendly, they are not

I dig what your saying Blues Brother. I wasn't knocking anyones belief in evolution or intelligent design. For the sake of this discussion my aim was to attack the way that WTBS stupidly demonstrates their complete lack of scientific knowledge by making silly claims about the "wonderment of creation" and then paints pictures of grinning idiots petting cobras in Paradise. I personally am an evolutionist, but if I'm wrong and there is a God, I hardly think a bunch of uneducated morons in Brooklyn should be trying to unlock and decode the "secrets of His intelligent design". They should just admit that they don't know what the hell is the reason for horrific things like necrotic bacteria, black mamba snakes, shrieking bullet ants in the Amazon and other scary ass creatures, let alone try to claim that these monsters somehow reflect traits of a "Loving Creator." Can you dig it?

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

shack, the camel spider is a excellent example of Jehovah's tender mercy.

"Go to yon Camel Spider, you lazy one!" (Dipkin 2:7)

from Wikipedia...."due to the strong muscles of their chelicerae, they can produce a large, ragged wound that is prone to infection."

• zoiks
    zoiks

How about cute, lovable dolphins?

From the site brainz.org:

Within their own species, they practice gang rape and infanticide, and also periodically beat porpoises to death. Dolphins have also been known to approach divers sexually, and rub into them.

So are dolphins gang-raping murderers because of sin?

No means no, Flipper!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Awwwww. . . Look at jehover's wondrous creative acts.

Pretty damn delightful!

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon
    So are dolphins gang-raping murderers because of sin?

and this makes them different from the Israelite Army of the Old Testament how?

Science is just the tits, isn't it?

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    MISTER Falcon: I wasn't knocking anyones belief in evolution or intelligent design. For the sake of this discussion my aim was to attack the way that WTBS stupidly demonstrates their complete lack of scientific knowledge by making silly claims about the "wonderment of creation" and then paints pictures of grinning idiots petting cobras in Paradise.

Pffft, I call BS. I think you're intentionally knocking my creationist perspective, Falcon, because you know me and my Goddess are tight and you're jealous.

So She enjoys a good death match on NatGeo from time to time. Yeah? What's so wrong with that?

If it's because it soundsincompatible with the highest possible standard of love, justice, and compassion.... remember you're just a puny man, and barely one at that. But she's a Goddess, complete with an immaterial va-jay-jay and everything, hence the gender association. And since she's ineffable, I can describe Her however I damn well please and you can't touch it with human logic or reason. No, that's not a double standard. So if you think there are any contradictions, check this out, uh, there aren't. What? What?

Lemme illustrate: Can you count to infinity? No, to answer my rhetorical question and mark another point. So how can you presume to judge the character of an infinite being, who - as it so happens - intelligently designed millions of species with the skills and equipment needed to viciously prey on smaller, weaker species... or even their own... mutilating entire colonies/nests/tribes/etc in the process? I see only Her motherly compassion when I read things like this:

"The hornets can devastate a colony of honey bees: a single hornet can kill as many as 40 honey bees per minute thanks to its large mandibles which can quickly strike and decapitate a bee. It takes only a few of these hornets a few hours to exterminate the population of a 30,000-member hive, leaving a trail of severed insect heads and limbs." -wiki entry for Asian giant hornet

See, the context makes it okay.

So, Falcon, let me know when you acquire omnipotence, omniscience, and omnibenevolence.... then your opinions on my God might actually mean something. [rolleyes]

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

I'm sorry, I'm just cranky because I assumed this was going to be a Zumba thread and I was really disappointed.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.
    "The hornets can devastate a colony of honey bees: a single hornet can kill as many as 40 honey bees per minute thanks to its large mandibles which can quickly strike and decapitate a bee. It takes only a few of these hornets a few hours to exterminate the population of a 30,000-member hive, leaving a trail of severed insect heads and limbs." -wiki entry for Asian giant hornet

Sound like Vlad the Impailer!

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Awake 6/2013 - Was it Designed?

Think about about all of the animals that naturally engage in filial cannibalism (eating of their young). Examples may include but not limited to: polar bears , burying beetles, hamsters, wolf spiders and a wide range of fish species.

What do you think? Did animals and insects that eat their own young come about by evolution? Or was it
    designed?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit