Urgent - Any Atheists Want to be on BBC Radio 4?

by cofty 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

The BBC want to interview somebody who was part of a faith community but who became an athiest due to information available on the internet.

I am tempted but to be honest the profile doesn't really fit my story.

This is a great opportunity to tell the story from the ex-JW perspective on mainstream national Radio.

It is part of a four part series called "Digital Human" p resented by Guardian technology writer Aleks Krotoski so it will no doubt get press coverage there as well.

Check out this link

or contact ...

Elizabeth Ann Duffy
    BBC Radio 4
    Features

The Tun, 111 Holyrood Rd, Edinburgh, EH8 8PJ

Tel: 0131 248 4048
    Mob: 07825 613053

Email: [email protected]

Please let us know if anybody succeeds in getting an interview.

• cedars
    cedars

Sounds like a job for cantleave!

Cedars

• cantleave
    cantleave

Interesting. Unfortunately the Internet, although reinforcing my decision to leave, and to eventually become Atheist, was not the main driver for me doing so.

• cofty
    cofty

So ham it up a bit ;)

• cantleave
    cantleave

I will write to her- I am, after all, an attention Whore!!!

• cantleave
    cantleave

I will keep you informed......

• cofty
  • Flat_Accent
    Flat_Accent

I fit the bill. If it wasn't for the internet i'd never have left.

Dont know how i'd explain my way out of it though...

And my grandma listens to Radio 4 all the time.

Perhaps i'll leave it in Cantleave's capable hands.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

That sounds really interesting. And a great opportunity.

One of the things that has puzzled me is why you hear nothing about JW's on the BBC. It's as though they don't exist, apart from references in occasional bits of drama. You know, like "it was just Jehovah's Witnesses at the door".

Nothing about them ever on the Sunday morning religious magazine on Radio 4 at about 7.10 am, and that covers a wide variety of religions and isn't afraid of a bit of controversy. Good programme, btw.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I hope someone here can do it. That would be so interesting to follow. I'm in the US, and the internet played no role in my change, but this could be a great opportunity.

I think JW's don't show up, because they aren't all that important. JW's present themselves as the center of a grand drama, but they barely blip the radar. Still, someone's story could save an innocent person from taking the dip.

NC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit