How Did/Has the WTBTS Affected Your Social Skills?

by ABibleStudent 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

I can understand that, lost lamb. I thought all guys wanted was sex. That I would be raped if I made freinds with a non-JW boy. That even JW guys only wanted sex half the time! It made it so hard to make freinds with or be comfortable around anyone.

• simon17
    simon17

I can understand that, lost lamb. I thought all guys wanted was sex. That I would be raped if I made freinds with a non-JW boy. That even JW guys only wanted sex half the time! It made it so hard to make freinds with or be comfortable around anyone.

To be fair, there are a lot of guys out there who just want sex. There's plenty of both gender who will cheat and sleep around for fun. You have to be very discerning to avoid cheaters and scumbags, and you'll have to be very selective if you want someone who is going to save sex for serious relationships only. Its not like everyone out there is evil but don't just go and give your heart to a guy without being careful. Lots of great people out there with many different moral values, but also a lot of people with no morals at all and people do get burned.

• StephanieH
  • Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

That's true, simon. But that's a much better view than the one I used to have. :)

• maccauk11
    maccauk11

Give your hearts to jesus.Surrender to him. Humble yourself. Dont Judge others.He will give you peace and Joy and set your path straight.

• Conan The Barbarian
    Conan The Barbarian

I am anti social, shy, distrusting of other people, never had any friendships because I was prohibited from makng friends at school or in my neighborhood, and the kids in the KH were not interested in me or any other witness kids. The girls all purused worldly boys and the boys all pursued worldly girls. By the time I got to young adulthood, I was so far behind socially, I couldn't catch up. Thats still the case. Now at 50+ years old, I have no friends, no real social skills, and no interests because I grew up not being allowed to do anything. Sound like a good way to live?

• FlierMate
    FlierMate

I don't even aware that my social skills was impaired or improved during the 5 years with them.

Partly because of the nature of my profession. Being a computer programmer, it is too common for us to be labelled as nerd.

Although I am still suspicious of and hostile to strangers, I believe it probably is because of my mental illness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit