Goober passed away!

by mrsjones5 24 Replies latest social entertainment

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

RIP George Lindsey

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi mrsjones5, I'm sorry that people will miss him. How did he pass? Was he a close friend?

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

@Robert...he was an actor...perhaps most noted for The Andy Griffith Show...he had cool antics

This is sad news

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

He was also a feature payer on "Hee-Haw". I watch that show as a kid. I've always had a fond spot for Goober.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Goober died? I liked him

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I remember when Game Show Network used to show reruns of "To Tell the Truth", he was one of the impostors. I think this particular show was from the early 60's but I remember him saying that he was a teacher. Not a profession you would think "Goober" was capable of ! !

BTW, ABibleStudent, you must be way younger than I am, your post above gave me a good laugh.

• Dagney
    Dagney

RIP Goob.

• Glander
    Glander

Gomer Pyle, USMC. RIP

What a surprise when he would start singing! Great voice.

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

That's too bad. I hate it when I hear that one of our TV, motion pictures, or musicians die. It's like part of our life dying. I guess that's what it is. I was just thinking of the Carly Simon song "These are the

good old days." We have had some good old days with people like Goober.

• steve2
    steve2

Hi Mrs Jones,

I remember him from the Andy Griffiths show. Talk about a role defining part. BTW, is Andy Griffiths still alive?

Initially I misread your thread title, thinking it said "Goober passed by" - I thought you were talking about the witnesses bypassing your house.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit