Emergencies: What Do They Hope To Do?

by metatron 17 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

Some congregations are giving publishers lists of items and procedures for unnamed emergencies.

And what do these naive people, bereft of critical reasoning, hope to accomplish? Are they fantasizing about living, enmasse, in the Kingdom Hall? Do they have large food supplies stored there? Water supplies? Emergency generators with gasoline storage? How about the nearest Assembly Hall? Isn't it likely that all food service facilities have been removed years ago, due to a failure of contributions?

How many Witnesses could live without prescription drugs for even a day? or a month? Including anti-depressants?

Solar storm in 2013? Good luck with that, Watchtower!

metatron

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Just stirring the Great Trib pot.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Yet, they are not trusting in Jehovah if they heed these articles. If they start stocking up on non-perishables and silver, someone is going to piously suggest that they are not trusting in Jehovah. Usually, Brother Hounder is going to be involved, and the "you are stumbling someone" rubbish comes out. It is very possible that someone is going to subsequently use the "brazen conduct" rubbish to get this banned, at least for selected people.

Yes, I do a few of these items. I have massive quantities of batteries and flashlights, and lanterns in case we start getting rolling blackouts. I am accumulating silver in case of hyperinflation, so my savings cannot lose all their value. I know how to do many repairs to my own computer, in case I need to barter or so I don't depend on snoopware-ridden stores to fix it. I now have LED light bulbs in case the CFL bulbs get too expensive, get banned for mercury pollution, or are unavailable (LED bulbs will probably last 20 years before blowing, too). I have skills in Christmas decoration, also in case I need barter material. And no, I do not trust in Jehovah. Nor will I make anything available to the witlesses who were too lazy or stupid to prepare themselves, or congregations with hounders that were so pious that their "Trust in Jehovah" rubbish precluded adequate preparation.

• clarity
    clarity

Ohhh the dubs love sitting on the hot seat, always on the edge, one foot on earth & the other in paradise!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Funnily enough we heard a speaker recently telling the bros to have an emergency pack ready for the Gt Trib...He had just been talking about local disasters, Katrina and the like and he merged into the Gt Trib. Sister Blues and I grumbled on the way home that he had confused the issue, and that the two situations were very different . In fact they have said this about the "survivalist movement"

Aw 84 8/22 p5

"Are the ideologies that now bind the survivalists of such an unselfish nature that greed and selfishness would not dominate their thinking when faced with the scarcities that a global catastrophe would generate? The Christian Century recently quoted Jerry Younkins, spokesman of a group of “Christian” survivalists, as saying, “We are Christians first, survivalists second.” By this he meant that when disaster does strike, they will (at least at first) try to practice Christian principles. “We will share what we have to the best of our ability,” he continued. But what about when supplies begin to run short? “We’ll kill them,” Mr. Younkins said. “It’s real simple: It’s us or them in that situation.”

In such a climate of terror, hidden stores of food or gold might spell a survivalist’s death sentence."

• Zordino
    Zordino

Keep the JW masses in check. Keep them a little scared that maybe, just maybe, the GT is upon us "so be ready brother's" ready for the end.............. of high prices. (quote from The Simpsons) :)

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

didn't they do this about 5 years ago and all the 'dubs ran off and purchased supplies. I know my wife and her sister did.

• Zordino
    Zordino

Ricky Bobby, I remember that. So many dubs I know did aswell. Even though at the time I was still partially believing the Cult, I thought that was really stupid. Not buying supplies, that good in case of an emergency. Its the WT spin they put on it that really got me thinking.......... this religion is for idiots.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

when my wife told me about it, I said that having supplies is acceptable in case of a true emergancy. However I told her that if she is buying them because the WT said it's soon, then the answer is no. I knew what answer she was going to give, but i thought that if she had to lie about it, it might make her think

• Zordino
    Zordino

Your wife may have been too indoctrinated to think Logicaly. Most of my family are the same way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit