How Long Did You Wait On Jehovah?

by God_Delusion 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I know the woman I studied with berated Nelson Mandela and said he should have waited on Jehovah and stayed with his first wife who was a witness.

This is while he was still in prison. I wonder if she still feels that way now.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

20 years, then the GB became apostate and changed teachings from those I accepted when I became a JW. Also I found out they had lied, lied and lied again about Sooooooooooooooo many things.

Finally I realized I was waiting for nothing ... so I left.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I liked your points in your article. I have said that it appears that the spirit-directed men are not good at following directions. I gave Jehovah every chance. When I thought I might. Be the problem, I worked on me. Before I gave up on "His" organization I pioneered to feel Holy Spirit's direction and then tried serving in a foreign language congregation. In short, I thoroughly waited on Jehovah before I disobeyed the spirit-directed men and used apostate sources to investigate JW's.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I only wait as long as there is a chance that the benefit will exceed the cost. If the cost is significant and the benefit is close to zero, I had better start seeing some signs of progress soon or I will not continue long before cutting my losses. And being one of Jehovah's Witlesses is just about the most costly religion that is well known.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

GOD_DELUSION:

The phrase "wait on Jehovah" as thrown around by the religion is a clever substitute for the phrase "DO NOTHING". It is an insult to my intelligence because we have enough (God-given) brains to take care of certain things. The poster WasBlind gives a good illustration to make people think.

I always felt the religion doesn't want anybody to upset the status-quo there. Remember that if there is an injustice anywhere, somebody is benefiting from it and doesn't want it to end. The religion wants unthinking dummies there who will tolerate anything. So, the religion wants everybody ELSE to "wait on Jehovah" but not them, of course. Why is their hand always out? They should be waiting on "Jehovah" like the Israelites in the desert waiting for manna from heaven. Right?? What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

They are so full of B.S. I wonder if they even believe in, much less fear, the true God!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Great blog....

I was a twinkle in my mothers boyfriends’ testes in 1975, ........................Classic!

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Reminds me of the quote from the remake of 3:10 to Yuma.

I've been standin on one leg for three damn years waitin for God to do me a favor... and He ain't listenin'.

Why wait for a train that's never going to arrive?

• blondie
    blondie

I tried leaving 3 times...but not until the third tme did I realize that God, Jehovah, Yahweh, had nothing to do with the WTS, that they did not speak for him to me or anyone else on earth.

Waiting seems to involve accepting the false dates the WTS has given for the end, 1914, 1920, 1925, 1940's, 1975, 1984 (70 years generation/1914), 1994 (80 years generation/1914), all to be ended in 1995, ending the 1914 generation teaching. Who were we waiting for God or the WTS to finally get the right date, SOON, VERY SOON, VERY SOON NOW. (look up these phrases on the WT-CD and see how many times the WTS uses them). Yet chastises the rank and file:

*** w99 7/15 p. 18 par. 9 Anchored by Hope, Impelled by Love ***Drawn by the hope of "Paradise soon," some were prepared to spare no efforts to attain it—zealous in the preaching work and regular in attendance at all meetings, assemblies, and conventions. Now thinking that the realization of their hopes is farther off than they anticipated, they have lowered the price they are willing to pay. This is evident in reduced preaching activity, irregularity at meetings, and willingness to miss parts of assembly or convention programs. Others are devoting more time to recreation and to obtaining material comforts. These facts lead us to consider what should be the driving force in our lives in line with our dedication to Jehovah. Should our zeal in his service be dependent on the hope of "Paradise soon"?

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

From the blog:

I was a twinkle in my mothers boyfriends’ testes in 1975, so I asked her why so many Jehovah’s Witnesses left in that year. “Mum, you do realise that the Governing Body’s decision to say that 1975 was the beginning of the 1,000 reign destroyed people’s lives? Many didn’t set up retirement or health plans in anticipation of the end of the system of things. This impacted on their children and caused so much heartache and stress.”

I always get the same response, “the Organisation back then, as it is now, is run by imperfect men. I knew to wait on Jehovah (Governing Body, my comment), so I don’t know why these ones didn’t. In the end, they left the truth(a religion that made false predictions) and showed their true colours. Why didn’t they wait on Jehovah?” (Governing Body to correct their mistakes)

I "waited on Jehovah" 12 years. That was more than enough for me. To anyone reading this, don't waste your time waiting. Spend it living.

• blondie
    blondie

RELY ON IMPERFECT MEN?

*** w11 1/15 p. 6 par. 19 “Take Refuge in the Name of Jehovah” ***People in the world have to deal with seemingly insurmountable problems. Desperate to solve their problems, many look to imperfect men. Or they hope for solutions from political institutions, even as ancient Israel at times looked to neighboring nations for support, making alliances with them. .

*** w04 12/15 p. 25 Graduation Day—A Beautiful Day ***Imperfect men often think that happiness depends on striving for material comfort. “Don’t buy that,” the speaker urged. “Don’t buy into that thinking.

*** w92 9/15 pp. 19-20 par. 3 Jehovah’s Use of “Foolishness” to Save Those Believing ***To those not guided by the wisdom of God, the wisdom of the world seems impressive. There are lofty-sounding worldly philosophies that captivate the mind. Thousands of institutions of higher learning impart information from what many consider the greatest minds of mankind. Extensive libraries are replete with the accumulated knowledge of centuries of human experience. Despite this, however, the new world order that worldly rulers propose could only be a rule by imperfect, sin-stained, dying men. Hence, that order would be imperfect, repeating many past blunders and never satisfying all of mankind’s needs.—Romans 3:10-12; 5:12.

*** w88 2/15 p. 29 The “Divine Justice” District Conventions ***History shows that it would be futile to look to imperfect men, however well-meaning these might be, to remedy such matters

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit