Did You Believe The Demons Might Contact You?

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I suppose it was a possiblity for me, but it was never foremost in my mind---even though I experience sleep paralysis and could have easily chalked it up to demunz, but didn't. I would get so TIRED (and that is the only way to describe it) of hearing story after story of the demunz bothering people. Someone loaned out a stereo, and their kid played demon music, now demunz were in the stereo and the orginal owner had to dispose of it. Someone was being attacked, they combed the house and found a Koran the person had picked up for info out in service, they had to dispose of it. Someone was having a clumsy phase, things falling, bumping their head on things, tripping, but THEN they found that a recent bookbag they had bought had a tiny and overlooked cross on it! They pried it off and the problem was solved!

Math, it got old. They were kings and queens of second-hand shopping, but constantly feared they'd pick up a demon. What sense does that make. I mentioned that I thought this was a little extreme, and not exactly biblical. I had a pioneer sister tell me with great authority that she knew for a fact that demunz attached themselves to things. Okay? What scripture was that?

Using drugs was akin to spiritism---the demunz have access to your brain while you're high. Conveniently, this did not hold true for drugs the doctor gives you---however I have heard some say that the demunz sometimes attack when you're under anesthesia---as if going under anesthesia isn't scary enough. Pray for Jehovah's spirit to protect you while you're vulnerable! Because clearly, if you don't know enough to ask for this protection, he won't.

Crazy Crap. Now I'm a demon possessed, tool of Satan apostate---still not being bothered though! As long as they keep playing nice, I guess I'm okay with that.

NC

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

I recall as a small boy....a story that went around our kingdom hall that a witness had bought a lamp at a garage sale and the lamp was demonized and the demons came out at night and held her down in bed all night and wouldn't let her up. Garage sale shopping was all but prohibited in our area from that point on because....well....it is obvious. Demons are bargain shoppers. They only attach themselves to personally used items. So you may rest assured that if it still has a factory tag on it....it is likely to be demon free.

Isnt it amazing that all the stories we hear (I've heard everything from the lamp......to blood coming out of the walls of a house that was haunted.....to smurfs trying to smother a baby.....to an old chest in an attic causing people to fall down the stairs etc) are always heresay? It is always "I know of a guy......" or "my grandmother new......" I am yet to talk to anyone that can look me in the eye and say "yes.....a demon carried me across the room and threw a toaster at my head". They are always 3rd person stories.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Demons are bargain shoppers. They only attach themselves to personally used items. So you may rest assured that if it still has a factory tag on it....it is likely to be demon free.

LOL! I used to try and use this to reasoning with people. Like, how do they know that the manufacturers don't say a prayer or light a candle when sending out new merchandise? What about a factory worker---maybe they are pagan and touch it with their hands. Why is it that only second hand stuff attracts demunz? If I were a demun, I'd buy only the best.

Now, I have had people tell me first hand accounts. They were freaked. One woman was being attacked regularly by demunz, and instead of getting her medical help, they searched the house for demunz. Another sister found out about it, and freaked out because she had a lamp that the demonized sister had given her and it turned on all by itself.

NC

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

"One woman was being attacked regularly by demunz, and instead of getting her medical help, they searched the house for demunz."

I guess that makes sense. Cause....ya know....demons are famous for forgetting to transform into invisible mode when hiding from humans

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

I've been told that if you pray out loud, the demons will listen and know what's on your mind. Then they play tricks on you to catch you out.

If you are studying and don't throw away everything from a previous religion, the demons will live in it. It's no good hiding those wicked crosses away in a drawer. The demons will creep out when you least expect them!

And if you buy anything second hand, you run a big risk. Often it'll be OK, but sometimes you'll bring a demon into the house, and you can just feel it, you know? Burn it, get rid of it!

Odd that. If a demon is a spirit, burning shouldn't do it any harm, should it? if an object is hidden in a drawer, but the demon is spirit, why would that be shut in the drawer? You'd think it'd kind of ooze out through the wood!

And as for prayer, just think of the demons crowding around in the Kingdom Halls, agog to hear what everyone's saying to Jehovah!

Er...hang on...that little brown book is called a Reasonong Book, isn't it?... Reason?...

I think the WT lost its reason a long, long time ago!

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

LOL Char. In my group, they were always insisting that you shouldn't voice your weaknesses because the demunz will hear. I got tired of it and asked how did that flush with praying out loud and talking to the elders? I see your group was already proactive---praying outloud was a no-no.

I find demunz to be quite slippery. Once they infest a house, you may as well burn the entire thing down. Burning a cross won't do any good---ESPECIALLY if you announce your intentions outloud. They will simply find something else to hang out in. Once they see the lighting fluid and matches, they usually guess correctly. It may be best to burn all clothes too. Don't eat any food, cuz that's one common way they actually get inside you. And then what? I don't recommend setting yourself on fire, so peaceful coexistence will be the only option.

Demunz! Like cockroachese those.

NC

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

LOL, NC!

There's no consistency. It was my study conductor who said that about praying out loud, when she was explaining to me about demons. ()

But next minute she'd be praying out loud, and thanking Jehovah for the study.

In retrospect, I see how ridiculous it all was. While I was "studying", and going to meetings, and the later on when I was a publisher, I didn't totally believe such nonsense deep down, but I did willingly suspend disbelief because they managed to get under my radar somehow, and I really believed for a while that Jehovah was in charge of the whole caboodle and that any imperfections were because of exactly that, imperfection.

But obviously it was those darn demons again.

• still thinking
    still thinking

New chapter...I experienced sleep paralysis and did chalk it up to demunz....but thanks to the wonderful information available here...I have looked at that experience with different eyes...and no longer believe that. Who knew there could be so many ways to look at something...dontcha just love it!

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

When I was a kid,I was really afraid of demons. I would sing kingdom songs when I went upstairs to my room at night. My family and I laugh about this,but it's kind of pathetic,telling a religious version of monster stories to a kid.

The craziest demon story I heard recently,was from a study a pioneer had. The study claimed when she would hang out her laundry to dry outside,she would find extra pairs of jeans on the line. She thought it was the demons. And the crazy Witnesses believed her. But,they did say try hanging out dollar bills next time.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

"LOL Char. In my group, they were always insisting that you shouldn't voice your weaknesses because the demunz will hear. I got tired of it and asked how did that flush with praying out loud and talking to the elders?"

It's ok if you talk to the elders.....cause even though all the demons heard your confession that you once rounded 9 and 1/2 hours in service up to 10 for two straight months (thus giving you an hour more than you really had).....and even though all the demons in the entire world will now be working on you to try to get you to round up again......you now have a counter weight. Yep. You have two elders that are going to pray for you. Surely their prayers combined with yours will be too much for even the world-wide network of demons to handle.

If you never round up your service time again.....it will be proof that Jehovah's spirit was upon your meeting with the elders. But if you someday in the future decide to round up again......it is proof that you have withdrawn from Jehovah's love.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit