Did You Believe The Demons Might Contact You?

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

My dear mother and aunt were always worrying about those pesky demons and their Father, The Devil.

Did you obsess over the deminz???

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Yes, I thought they were going to infest my computer when I first came on this site.

• minimus
    minimus

haha

• SadElder
    SadElder

They left 2 magazines in my door last weekend. I tried to burn them but they wouldn't burn, they ran out the door with the smurf.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

I used to when I believed the JW horse shit. When I was a kid my mother always talked about "demon attacks" because of my music collection or some such shit

why the hell would demons attack my mother becasue of my Nirvana CD?

of course I experienced an episode of sleep paralysis and thought it was Satan. then I read a book other than a watchtower magazine and now I am not scared of demons, Jehovah or the WTS.

funny how I was scared of demons but it was Jehovah that was gonna kill me for touching myself. I'll bet those demons would have been nice about that sort of thing......

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I believed with all my heart. In fact, I stayed away all night scanning the spaces behind open door hinges and behind shower curtains. Closets terrified me. I had no idea what one looked like but it terrified me. This kept up after I left the Witnesses. I finally felt safe in a college dorm. Hours were spent worrying about demons. The Witnesses said they will get you if you are good but also if you are bad.

We had an English overseer who imported tapes from Great Britain that had teapots slamming against walls. My mom had baby fine hair. She loved it when wigs became popular. She was admonished for wearing her human hair wig. My mom proudly kept wearing her human wig to KH. She always listened so deferentially and then did what she wanted. Truth be told, I worried about that wig.

Now I can laugh so hard that demons would infest a wig. Old clothing was a hazard, too. I was in a strange state one night and saw figures sitting on my bed. It was as tho they were from another world. Abraham Lincoln was one of my visitors. HA ---he would do the celebrity tour, not visit me.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Yes....and I used to pray and they would leave me alone. Now I don't believe they are real...ang guess what? They still leave me alone..funny that..

• minimus
    minimus

When I was a kid, I was sickly and had convulsions. My mother was told by the Congregation Servant that it must be the demons. They investigated and found a guitar my dad got from overseas. They burned it and I still got convulsions afterward. Eventually, I got better and the demons must've gotten the message.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I once got a letter from Bethel.

Does that count?

• still thinking
    still thinking

It takes a while to exorcise those guitar demons from your system...you had a lucky escape minimus......just as well they were on to it...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit