Introducing myself and opinions valued please

by michelleatkin68 28 Replies latest jw friends

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Welcome. I think writing is a good idea. Sit on the letter a couple of days before sending it though. It sounds like you have nothing to lose, possibly it will make your family think, and it will make you feel much better.

Are you going to discuss the religion as well, or just your father? You mother is choosing both your father and her religion over you.

• Flossycat
    Flossycat

Hi Michelle, Lovely to see you here. Undecover's advice is sound.

I was 9 years old when my mother dragged me and bros&sisters into the organisation. That was in the late 1960s. I'm the only one who left, aged 20. Now I'm in my 50s. Some s**t's gone down in the meantime I can tell you. My mother sounds a lot like yours. Don't expect any reply other than 'How dare you, you apostate, you!'

I've come to realise how frightened my mother is; things that happened to her as a child. She's never gotten over it. The WTSociety has provided her as an adult with the protection she wanted. Wonder what the big fear is inside your mum from her young days that convinced her to convert?

Someone said earlier they send family photos - great idea. It sends a warm message of how happy you are, plus how kind and considerate you are - by contrast to them.

But you're right in saying you don't expect anything in return.

Best wishes from Flossycat. Melbourne, Australia.

• LV101
    LV101

Welcome Michelle. Some great advice from survivors of watchtower horror and toxic families here. Unfortunately, many mothers are nothing but egg donors.

Hope you stay onboard --- best to you.

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

Hello Michelle! Your letter might make you feel good for the moment, but you won't secure you the closure you desire, it's not good reliving the hateful acts inflicted by your family who are blind to emotion. I know letters don't work, you will fuel more bitterness in your own mind, your parents don't care or they would have shown you love.

In a perfect world, where people actually cared for one another, worried about bring other pain, your letters might touch their heart strings, if they were human! It won't with this religion, the most nasty people are the most self-assured of their standing with God. You can write a letter to yourself, address how you want your children to have better parents, scrible your desire to break your family cycle, write how you want your kids to have the best you can give.

Your time would be wisely invested by focusing your energies on your family that cares about you, you have to break the child notion, that outside family are worth chasing, instead of the waste of emotion they truly are! A life well lived is shown by the children we raised, and how well they fly through life, each obstacle thrown their way!

• BroMac
    BroMac

Hi Michelle

welcome

I dont think i know you or your family, but i know the area you are from quite well. we would most likely have been different circuits.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Seems like a first person story to a Tabloid would be good way to tell JW relatives you want to be a family again- and a reporter can knock on their doors and see how they like the idea. The public needs to know how JWs destroy familes. ..." Moshe, page 1

Ooooooo, Moshe!!!

What a deliciously devious mind you have!! I bow before the master.... bow down

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Unfortunately, many mothers are nothing but egg donors. ..." LV101, above

Hi, Leaving 101!!

I love that expression!! Can I borrow it???

• cheerios
    cheerios

welcome michelle :) lot of great advice here. personally, i think undercover hit the nail on the head.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Welcome to JWN.

Bangalore

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit