What are some of your favorite urban legends?

by BQE 33 Replies latest jw friends

• BQE
    BQE

Mine is the story of a lady who was witnessing alone in an apartment building, and aparently she knocked on the door of some rapists/murderers/drug dealers......whatever......she was "saved" by two angels, only visible to the attackers, that accompanied her on that visit.

Or how about the one where a householder had his finger on the trigger of a gun and was just about to pull it when.....all of a sudden....out of nowhere (drumroll please) a WITNESS knocked on his door and offered him "the promise of everlasting life in the new system of thingsā„¢"!! Can I get a [8>]!!!

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

What about the one where someone found the "truth" through a page of a magazine or brochure that a bird used to built her nest with.

Will

"I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."
    Mark Twain

• VioletAnai
    VioletAnai

The S.N.A.G. That was just waaaaayyyy too cruel.

You've been a BAD boy, go to MY room

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Hey there BQE

I have heard that 2 angels guarding the sister one too...but my favourite was of the demonised dog that did backward somersaults because the presence of the witnesses disturbed the spirits or something like that.

I would like to hear the smurf doll one from someone else...the story I heard was that a smurf doll walked out of a bookstudy...but that was such a long time ago.

Beck

• TR
    TR

I've heard of dubs getting their asses kicked by demons while lying in bed. They couldn't move, of course.

Never once have I ever experienced anything remotely related to the paranormal, that I know of.

TR

I hold it to be the inalienable right of anybody to go to hell in his own way.
    --Robert Frost, 1935

• KJV
    KJV

Beck...what happened was is that this smurf walked into my old Hall and stood there for a moment and said "F*uck this place!", and then walked out.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

what about the person who had a truth book in his front jacket pocket and someone fired a gunshot at him and hit him right in the chest right were the truth book was. talk about freaky, eh?

PROCRASTINATION IS THE THIEF OF TIME!!

• Xander
    Xander

Naw, my favorite was the thief that broke into a sister's house. She came in, and the quick thinker he was, he hid under her bed. He was going to murder her in her sleep, but before SHE went to bed, she read a passage from the bible. The thief was so moved, when she fell asleep, he just stole the bible. Years later, they meet at a convention and he confeses this to her.

Makes me smile just thinking of it...

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana
  • DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

What about the WW2 German Witnesses who were operating an illegal printing press and the gestapo Came by. The story had it that the Nazis looked directly at the illegal printing press and a couple piles of literature fresh off the press and of course, saw nothing. An angel had blinded them so they wouldn't see them, I was told.

Now, if they protected a printng press, why did they let so many die in concentration camps? Maybe the angel place more value on prinitng literature than on the humans who would have to peddle it?

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• LB
    LB

OK, this one was told to me by the guy (can't say brother) who said it happened to him.

He was on the way to the assembly, to place a bomb and blow everyone up. He was angry because his wife became a witness and she no longer would smoke dope with him. He hated witnesses.

On the way in, his car hit some black ice late at night and he spent the night in a ditch. Said he spent the night there and there was nothing to do expect wait for light when someone would come along to help him out. He lived up in the mountains.

Anyway there was nothing to read except a watchtower, so he read it and the next day he saw the light. Started a study the next week and was baptised within 6 months.

Yeah right

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit