Look how far we have come!

by Joyzabel 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

I just wanted to share with everyone who knows my hubby (jst2laws) & my situation just how far we have come since last spring. It was at that time that we started fading, he by stepping down as an elder and together trying to become inactive without much fanfare.
    Well last night hubby thought he might want to have some fun over at a jw site and tried to get on that site when he realized, and then said to me, that he doesn’t know the answers to the questions they were asking. To get on that board you have to know the current offer, the theme for this summer’s convention, you know, little stuff like that and we busted out laughing saying….LOOK HOW FAR WE HAVE COME!
    We are enjoying our freedom but we still have some friends that we are helping out and it is worth the agony to go once in awhile to the meetings. But it sure is WONDERFUL to see ourselves deprogramming and loving every minute of it.
    ps, you know me, can't spell right the first time ;)

• flower
    flower

How wonderful for you both! Will be wonderful when you can finally be free in every way but for now its great that you are at least mentally free.

((((j2bf and jst2laws))))

flower

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Thank you ((flower))

Yes the mental freedom is great. I don't know how we lasted so long to begin with. *banging head on the computer* We are just looking forward to our lives everyday with this new freedom.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

((((joy2bfree and jst2laws))))

maybe I'll be like the two of you when I grow up!!!

In 1975 a crack team of publishers was sentenced to death by a judicial commiteee. They promptly escaped from the cult and now live life on the run. If you have a problem ... and if you can find them ... maybe you can contact the A--postate Team"

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

Hi Joy2bfree, I wish I had read more of your story. I hate not knowing much about the folks here (their history in the org etc). Anyway it is great to share these little milestones with you. I was on Chat with you earlier and decided on a walk remember? Well I stepped out the front door and who do ya think was in my street? Mmmm, always so tempting to walk up to them and tell them what a crock they're peddling.

Anyway losing contact with the Assembly program sounds ok to me. I've lost touch with a lot of stuff coz I've been out for 20 yrs - yaaaaaaa!!

take care
    Marilyn

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

(((Joy and Jst2))),

Congrats on the deprogramming!! Isn't it a wonderful feeling to know that the WTS is losing its grip on your minds? Tracy and Doug and I used to get such a laugh on Sunday mornings. We'd be sitting outside, drinking our coffee and welcoming the day when someone would say:"Gee, I guess we'd better get dressed for the meeting" or something similar, and we'd all just hoot and cackle like crazy people. Ok, so we are crazy people but still! Freedom is such a wonderful thing and I'm so glad that you both came out together

Dana

• LB
    LB

Isn't it nice to NOT know the answers to those questions???

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• Kep
    Kep

Congrats to you both.
    It is so true not having to wrack your brain to remember such tripe.
    My sister and I have a good laugh too when mum is off to the meeting.
    I always tell her that she's gone to church.
    When we were dubs it was so derogatory to call the "meetings" church, as if our meetings were so special.
    Now my other sister who is inactive calls it church too.
    Sounds so funny.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Thanks everyone for your comments. You don't know how nice it is to have someone understand what its like.

Dungbeetle, hang in there, you'll be there soon. and its worth it.

Marilyn, I'm so jealous. We keep saying why didn't we do this 20 years ago, doh!

Dana, I know what you mean about Sunday mornings now. It's a hoot!

LB, EXACTLY. (we used to pride ourselves on being such good dubs!)hehe

Kep, lol "church" was a derogatory word. But we love using it now!!

Maybe some day when we have total freedom we will reveal our story.

j2bf

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

I wonder how many 'active' JW's could answer those questions hhahahahah!!!!

Good en you joy!!!!

Ven

"Injustice will continue until those who are not affected by it are as outraged as those who are."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit