Good news, finally regarding my ex-elder-pedophile-father-in-law...

by misguided 29 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• misguided
    misguided

About two weeks ago he was arested in BC, about 35 years too late thanks to WTS cover-up.

He had a baby with my ex-husband's sister - my kids have a cousin who is also their aunt. This was all covered up by moving from Ontario to BC back in the early 1980s, and it all being hidden by the WTS; even allowing this guy to serve as an elder after the fact...when I got married to my ex, his father was an elder, and the baby of the incest was 15.

Today and from now on, hopefully things will unravell for the WTS in Canada, as he sits in jail in Ontario (where the crimes were committed)charged on 24 counts of sexual abuse.

I hope there is a lot of embarrassment going on in that congregation in Ladner, BC when all this originally came to light about 28 years ago, the congregation that let this man become an elder...because, my own parents seem to be in "cover-my-ass" mode when it comes to talking about this matter with me.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Good lord....and good job...hope he rots.

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

Good news, I hope it does bring a world of hurt on the organization. Maybe some good can come out of this tragic situation, and help others to get out and protect their children!

• misguided
    misguided

I accidently posted this under jokes and humour...and this is no joke nor humour...this is a reality. Can one of you moderators help me out here?

• clarity
    clarity

Dear Misguided ... wow that gives a whole new meaning to 'their new word' BRAZEN!

How one person can cause so much pain & grief is hard to stomach.

How could anyone think for a minute that wt was god's only truth!

Is there a media link? Hopefully it hit the papers?

chin up mis

c

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Good.

In Saskatchewan, there was an elder's daughter (who was also a pioneer) who was discovered to have been a child-molester for years.

They immediately packed up and moved to BC.

And the ones whose children had been molested were cautioned to tell no one, or else they would be disfellowshipped for slander.

I know this for a fact, because my best friend's daughter was one of the ones molested.

((HUG to misguided))

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

I hope some healing can take place in your life, these vile men and women, are wicked and will go to Ghenna!

• ZeusRocks
    ZeusRocks

It's always great news when someone get punished for the vile crimes they commit.
    Hopefully someone in prison will make him his new girlfriend.

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

The victims of sex predators in Kingdom Halls realized how questionable the Organization truly is. They provided nothing to the victims, only when forced by legal means, the paid up to avoid a wild jury judgement, punitive damages for gross negligence.

The Organization has provided what kind of services to victims, willings by the goodness of their heart, to who? You ever hear of anyone victim the Society tried to help, or try to throw out, to pave the way for new drones?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Thanks for posting, it is good to know that justice does get done, even if often very late in the day.

Last night here in the U.K on BBC2 there was a powerful expose of the Catholic Church in Ireland (Eire) and its huge cover up, and its moving known paedophile Priests from Parish to Parish.

Their excuse is that there was no guidance from the Church or the State on how to deal with such matters back in the 70's and 80's when they occurred.

Should not a 2000 year old (as they claim) Church, supposedly representing Christ, know how to protect the vulnerable, how to comfort victims ?

Even now they offer no true justice, reparation or comfort to victims.

I see the same pattern of cover-up and lack of concern for victims past, and what is worse, future, in the WT.

I hope the WT is similarly exposed and vilified for its callous, heartless and yes, criminal actions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit