The Path to FREEDOM

by SweetBabyCheezits 29 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

There are many paths to freedom from the Washtowel. Many go to regular church, and that is an improvement. Others become atheists, not doing anything religious. This allows them time to research things, and many study science. Still others, and this is going to be increasing within the next few years, explore alternative paths toward spirituality. Some will start out going to regular church, then quit because they see similarities between that and the witlesses, and then find another religion. Some even go to Islam--only to realize that Islam is almost as bad.

Keep researching. You are doing it right when you are doing more mouse-church sessions and less in-house sessions, you are looking at many different religions without believing anything after you read it through, and you try literally more than 100 different belief systems before committing to one that works for you. And, chances are good that you will adjust your beliefs as you explore. But, once you stop exploring and become closed minded that something else might have anything to offer, that's when you stagnate.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

If you haven't watched the complete series of "Cosmos", it's a must see.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Nomad, I enjoyed some episodes of Cosmos. I tried to get my daughter to watch it with me but the "ancient" special effects and 80's-ness were too painful for her to sit through. So I forced her to watch Godzilla vs Mothra.

Not really. But she found Stephen Hawking's Into the Universe to be pretty enthralling so we compromised.

Modern CGI's got em spoiled.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Yeah, I don't think any kid nowaday can stomach that series. Carl Sagan's voice alone would put them to sleep. But it's still a great series with great insight and simple explanations.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

That's right, some of us 20th century relics can dig it.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

you spout Sagan like I spout Bukowski. Also like zoiks spouts Heloise.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Well it makes sense...

I'm a dork with an 80s era haircut and an undocumented speech impediment.

Falcon is a dirty, womanizing boozehound who, coincidentally, makes Wilt Chamerlain look like a monk.

Zoiks is a sensible, well-mannered home-maker full of nifty tips and organizational ideas.

Meanwhile, that unshackled fellow is always quoting from the Bible, I presume because he has a horde of concubines that follow him around like he's god. (As should be expected of a Paul Newman-looking bastard.)

• LV101
    LV101

I'm assuming his book, The Demon Haunted World, is one of his basics to start with?

Thanks, SBC.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Tis right, LV101! Great for folks like me who missed the significance of the scientific method in school. Full text available as PDF - no cost to you - at this link .

• LV101
    LV101

SBCheez --- you are great/thanks. Hopefully my computer will get me there. It's really going ballistic probably because I've dropped it one too many times. It gets so heated up that it's difficult to use as a laptop plus strange screens are appearing.

Thanks for link --- one less book to order.

Were you home schooled? Well, I don't know what my excuse is -- loved biology and science . . . obviously not enough. I certainly wasn't educated much about evolution.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit