A "brief" synopsis of my story

by Sheep2slaughter 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Sheep2slaughter
    Sheep2slaughter

I wanted to tell my story for sometime. I've been a member of JWN for a few months and a lurker even longer. Here's my story.

Let me start by explaining my username. Sheep2slaughter is not a violent username. It's based on the idea that the elders/organization claim to shepherd the sheep. But instead of shepherding in a loving way, they browbeat the sheep into submission. They preach love, the identifying mark of true Christians, but don't practice it. They preach love but promote discord. This leads the sheeples to a vain form of worship. So in those ways they slaughter the sheep. Okay, now that that's out of the way, here goes my story. I am a born in. All of my siblings, my mother and father, are/were all witnesses. I have always struggled to obey the organization fully. Mostly because I'm a fairly intelligent person that doesn't need to be told what to do in every instance. As I continue my story you'll see that this intelligence has its limits have been me and my butt a few times. I was baptized at the tender rage of 13. Mostly because that's what you're expected to do. Prior to that my parents divorced, with my mom committing adultery and being disfellowshipped and my dad remaining in the organization. I have siblings that presently serve as elders and pioneers, I have one that disassociated. One parent that's dead and one parent that hates the organization. My wife is an active publisher that pioneered for a couple years and serves regularly as auxiliary pioneer. She is a very good woman in the true sense, not just the distorted organizational view. Two years ago my life was an much turmoil. My relationship with my wife was under a lot of strain and I committed a grave badness that I am not proud of. I cheated. I was hateful and mean to my wife after this was discovered. Easily the darkest and lowest point of my life. I had a huge attitude with the elders and was promptly disfellowshipped. Because of my family circumstances and the love that I have for some of my family that remain in, I decided it would be best to be reinstated. It took more than a few letters requesting reinstatement but recently I was reinstated. Well disfellowshipped I did a lot of thinking. I repented nearly immediately. I hated what I had done to my family and my wife. It was wrong and I regret it deeply. I am a moral person that did a really bad thing. I have made peace with what I did and am committed to being good to my family and any I come in contact with or influence. INCLUDING worldlys, thusly going directly against the WTs ,"say you love people but treat them like crap" philosophy. That simple shift in thinking, to love people sincerely, has been the best choice I've made in my life. Any strained relationships I had prior to that shift, have blossomed and bettered just by me making that change and abandoning Watch Tower policy. Now here comes the trouble. I'm reinstated(guess the Holy Spirit skipped my JC meeting that day) but want to fade. It's difficult because my wife is hard-core JW. I had many duties while in the organization. Now that I'm reinstated there is tremendous pressure to get back on track as they put it. I'm not worried about the pressure from the congregation. I will play the depressed card(no offense to those truly depressed intended). Even though I am a very outgoing and happy person I will still just say I'm depressed. I know how to keep my mouth shut and not say anything incriminating. There are tons of threads that give advice on fading and helping others to see the truth about the truth. I have looked at many of them and will continue to look. This post was just to tell everybody a little bit about me and where I'm coming from. Love you guys! Thanks for being the only people I can be truly honest with.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Thanks for your story.

Think About It

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I like very much that you admit you were out of order with the way you treated your wife. (I hope you are loving and kind to her now if she's stayed by you?) I also like the honesty you offer about your current position, it's so refreshing. Not blaming your parents or anyone else, just taking the rap for yourself, good on you. I also like your new developed philosophy, to love people sincerely, it seldom fails, unless those loved want it to. I agree that the shepherds are actually wolves who cause so much harm, it's a terrible truth.

Welcome aboard to you, I'm sure you'll find help to fade and to help your wife to see the real truth about the truth, it won't be easy, but it could be so worth it.

Loz x

• sabastious
    sabastious

Hey S2S, thanks for the story. I wish you luck in your fade. You should be at least a little worried about congregational pressure, it's a doozy.

-Sab

• Sheep2slaughter
    Sheep2slaughter

Thanks guys. Yes my wife stayed with me. I love her deeply and express it many ways. It was one of my happiest moments when she told me, completely unsolicited I might add, that she KNOWS I love her. I was DFed at the time and her stating that strengthened my resolve. My resolve that I don't need the organization to be a good man. In fact, she doesn't know it, but she helped me realize that I am a BETTER man without the org!

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Now I like your wife too, very much.

Loz x

• Fernando
    Fernando

Hey Sheep2slaughter!

What a refreshing read. Thank you for the frank, honest and real approach.

Being aware of and open about our dysfunction is what separates us from the self-righteous Pharisees who have no need of the free gifts of IMPUTED righteousness and IMPUTED sinlessness (key elements of the "good news of unmerited favour" Acts 20:24).

May you and yours continue to be blessed on your authentic and natural journey.

Greetings and blessings

Fernando

• Sheep2slaughter
    Sheep2slaughter

I used voice dictation to write the original post. I only scanned it for errors and now I feel sheepish4slaughtering the english language!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Thanks for sharing.

Now that I'm reinstated there is tremendous pressure to get back on track as they put it.

Make it clear that 'to get back on track' you need to care for yourself and your family FIRST. As soon as they start throwing 'privileges' at you, decline with the "I need to spend time with my family" line.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Thanks for being open, S2S.

Good for you and your wife in being able to put this behind you. It's good that you have opened your heart to others...a sign of true Christian love.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit