Oh great now they want to meet with me...help!

by tootired2care 12 Replies latest social humour

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

This fading business is hard! There really is no come and go freely in this aweful religion (prison) as i'm finding out more and more. I missed a couple of meetings and now I was asked a couple of days ago if I was a available for a sheparding call in a few weeks; I told them i'd get back to them. I'm a little nervous about this, I know I shouldn't be I don't respect their authority. My gut reaction is just to say thanks but no thanks; but I fear the elders being the sharks that they are, will smell the blood and circle even more. How can I respond and dodge this and avoid a full scale elder attack?

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

"I appreciate you concern but I would prefer not to."

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

boc - I like that simple and succinct.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

"Thanks but I'm so busy right now - I've got your numbers, is it alright if I call you if I need help? Thanks so much"

Lose their numbers.

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

Just remind yourself, these men have no real authority over you. They only have authority if you give it to them.

• okage
    okage

Be vague and make sure that if they approach your home, you remember they want to kill you (technically, since a disfellowship means you're dead to them) and call the po po on them for trespassing.

• nugget
    nugget

Thank you I really appreciate your loving offer. However it is not a good time at present but I have your number and once things are more settled I will call you and set something up.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

All you need to say to them is, "Thanks but I'm fine. If I need your assistance I will gladly let you know."

If they don't drop it, tell them point blank, hey, is there something someone said about me that I'm being accused of? Because if not, leave me alone." You may be marked as someone that has a bad attitude, but what are they going to do? DF you because you don't need their so-called "help"?

• ziddina
    ziddina

Ooo, good responses!!

If Moshe were here, he'd probably recommend something like, "I'm so depressed right now - money troubles, you know.... Can you people lend me a few hundred dollars until I'm back on my feet?"

Well, he'd recommend that after he got through grumbling about not going ahead and just disassociating yourself...

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Great suggestions, thanks for those. I think i'm going to string some of these together and go with a combo defense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit