Did U Ever "Stumble" Anyone? Were U Ever "Stumbled: By Another?

by minimus 39 Replies latest jw friends

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

"If you feel down in the Kingdom Hall parking lot, would you remain on your back forever?"

True Jehovah's Witnesses don't fall down on the Kingdom Hall parking lot and lie down forever, your brothers run to lend a helping hand, they shake the dust off your garb and apply ointment on the area of pain.

Impossible for anyone to be overlooked in our brotherhood, highly unlikely for a thoughtless and speeding car to crush, drive in reverse over her or side swipe, the tripped (stumbled) sister, it's her fault; we tried our best to put some wind under her sail, our arm is still numb from holding it out to her. Is it really possible our sister could be overlooked by the "friends" and men of appointment, impossible!

The illustration does not take into account all the victims of bad people who want to stop our sister from attending the Meetings. They aim for her hip, meeting after meeting, in expectation she will not get up, and bother their enlightened coterie and for all.

• the_raisin
    the_raisin

Yessir, I've been stumbled big time. By the time I hit 15 , I was completely immersed in this religion, wanted to get dipped, answered questions and was trying my darnest to get 'in' with the pious crowd.

And then that damned JW party at the local park district happened...

I was ridiculed for the way I wore my hear, my clothes, nobody would sit with me, and while everyone else was on the dance floor, I was the ONLY one nobody went near. My one friend I thought I had was being recruitted by the 'cool' pious kids, and the look on his face when I went to say hi... well, their faces, all of theirs, definitely did a number on my self esteem. I crumbled in my bed that night and cried the whole night. The next morning I saw myself in the mirror, realized it had been jealousy all along and kept thinking How could Jehovah allow these people be on top? Why is nobody doing anything about it, they're so obvious!!!??? Couple that with my slutty cousin, dipped and pioneering, sleeping with a cousin (yuck I know) and yeah after I asked an older sister for 'help' she pretty much told me I was in the wrong and I needed to be more spiritual, maybe dress more 'homely' so as to not make the other's feel bad.

Was the day I got my head out of my butt and saw things in a whole new light. After that incident, I started realizing other things, pieces of the puzzle started falling into place.

And OF COURSE I have stumbled many others. I'm darn proud as well. Many of the young ones who looked up to me, that one friend from up there who is now a very talented musician, and a sweet girl who is now true to herself instead of letting her mom run her life. I'm happy when I hear that another young un leaves, expecially if I had the 'special talk' with them before I moved accross the country :)>

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

I was accused of stumbling someone's study, a lady I knew outside of the organizatio,n by wearing a two piece bathing suit at the swimming pool at a

convention. Most of the members of the congregation were staying at the same motel and I paraded around the pool in my two piece suit. I was 25 and

looked very good in my swin suit. On Tuesday morning after the convention, I received a visit from one of the sisters and she talked to me about the

incident. I ignored them.

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

@panhandlegirl Do you still have a photo of yourself in that bathing suit, we can run a poll on JWN to check, if the brothers find your swim suit stubling! Just kidding, what a nasty ignorant hag, they sweat the small stuff, while the cancers are left unchecked.

@RR "True Jehovah's Witnesses don't fall down on the Kingdom Hall parking lot and lie down forever, your brothers run to lend a helping hand, they shake the dust off your garb and apply ointment on the area of pain."

Is this in D.C. Comics Bizzarro Universe?

Today, I saw your friend who placed Apostate literature on cars during the Santa Maria, 4x Halls Convention. Did you know he sent a letter to the Santa Maria Times attacking Jehovah's people, out of vengence against his mortal enemy? Is he still selling fire-arms under the table and other hot goods? Attacking our own on JWN will not bring the justice you desire, you must patiently wait for Jehovah to act through his "APpointed men!", give him time to expose the unsavory pioneers and wannabee elders. So many devils, so little time!

• cantleave
    cantleave

"I have been stumbled! - Means you are spiritually weak and need more indoctrination.

"You have stumbled me" - Means you are spiritually weak and need more indoctrination.

"Please change your behaviour or you could stumble someone" -Means you are spritually weak and need more indoctrination.

"Stumbling" is a cult term used as a tool to reinforce control.

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

@cantleave, exactly! Back to the Matrix to be reassembled into the whole, Jon Picarde, from Star Trek New Generation, he got trapped in the Borg, I never saw the episode where he was stuck, with no will other than to serve the "Collective".

"Soil and Green" "1984 Orwell" "Brave New World" Huxley "The Giver" by Lois Lowry books that will help you enter into the fold,

without questioning your spiritual food "Soil and Green" or Big Brother, or freedom of emotion or choice.

This summary of "The Giver" might wet your appetite to read the book

Source Wiki

"The Giver is a dystopian children's novel by Lois Lowry. It is set in a society in the year 2065 which is at first presented as a utopian society and gradually appears more and more dystopian. The novel follows a boy named Jonas through the twelfth year of his life. The society has eliminated pain and strife by converting to "Sameness," a plan that has also eradicated emotional depth from their lives. Jonas is selected to inherit the position of "Receiver of Memory," the person who stores all the past memories of the time before Sameness, in case they are ever needed to aid in decisions that others lack the experience to make. When Jonas meets the previous receiver-The "Giver"-he is confused in many ways. The Giver is also able to break some rules, such as turning off the speaker and lying to people of the community. As Jonas receives the memories from the Giver, he discovers the power of knowledge. The people in his community are happy because they don't know of a better life, but the knowledge of what they are missing out on could create major chaos. He faces a dilemma: Should he stay with the community, his family living a shallow life without love, color, choices, and knowledge, or should he run away to where he can live a full life?

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Soil and Green"..... Bubblegum Apotheosis, above...

Face/palm....

You mean, "Soylent Green"....

• popcorn_eater
    popcorn_eater

If anyone cares about the outsider perspective, I just wanted to chime in and say that the "stumbling" concept is really kind of weird, definitely comes off as cult-ey. It's another one of those words they've misappropriated and given their own bizarre internal meaning.

Aside from the creeps I get from hearing about getting "stumbled," I also wanted to say that it strikes me as odd that for all the supposed morality and bible-based conscience and constant spiritual education they profess to practice, they have ZERO trust in each other as JWs. And the org has ZERO trust in its members. The idea of being stumbled implies that the person being stumbled is unable to remain strong in conviction and chalk up the stumble-er's actions to misbehavior, or craziness, or whatever. If you are in constant danger of being stumbled, you are in a constant state of infantile helplessness. And don't let us get started on the men, who might get stumbled and become aroused if a sister wears a skirt above the knee or too bright of colors. They cannot help themselves; they are like little boys - right? Well, no, but that's what that type of rule says. It's kind of like how there are so many rules about EVERYTHING. Rules are made to control people you can't trust to make good decisions. Dating, marriage, what you wear, who you are friends with, what information you access -- if JW's are such good, Bible-minded and united people, why do all these rules have to exist?

One of the biggest fears they have is for their members to come to trust themselves. If you trust and believe in yourself, the rules, the "stumbling" or even the concept of BEING stumbled, falls away.

I like to think if I were in the borg I would recognize these things; but I know i will never really understand what it is like to be in.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

minimus:

The JW doctrine/teaching of "stumbling" is just a stupid control mechanism. It is just another way of saying somebody is "offended" by this or that and that the average JW is supposed to wrack their brain wondering if something they say is going to disturb some sensitive person in the religion. Why even bother to open your mouth around these idiots? When I was in a car group I felt I had to have tape across my mouth so that I wouldn't get a phone call from some stupid JW about something I said.

I was not there to humor sick or deluded personalities and besides, it was a one-way street anyway. Nobody ever cared if they were stumbling ME. I was offended many times over various things but I just pretty much dealt with it myself, like a mature adult should.

• minimus
    minimus

I agree, LHG. CONTROL is the name of the game.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit