Did U Ever "Stumble" Anyone? Were U Ever "Stumbled: By Another?

by minimus 39 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

The reason many JWs forgo things is because they are afraid of "stumbling" a brother or sister. Just in case---they make it a point to not do or say something that could cause a person to leave "The Truth".

I knew of some Witnesses that were always "stumbled" by this or that.

So silly.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

One particular individual did stumble me big time. I told one of the elders about it and he said to me that I need to focus on my spiritual health.

• Haulin Oats
    Haulin Oats

Growing up in the midwest, I was always told "You don't want to do this/that because it might stumble someone". Well you know what I say? Fuck that.

If what I does offends/affects you, then perhaps you need to take charge of your own emotions and destiny and realize they are your responsibility to deal with, not of those around you. I absolutely detested when my parents said my behavior could stumble someone. Really? A hotshit kid like myself is somehow going to cause others to grow weak in the faith because of what I say or do?

There never seemed to be any accountability in this former religion of mine. Everything was either handled by someone else, planned by someone else, or dictated by someone else. All you had to do was show up and point fingers.

• minimus
    minimus

I chose to follow Christ's example. He stumbled people and so did I (I'm sure).

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Jesus stumbled someone? Give me some examples. Thanks!

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

I hate that word

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Psalm 119:165: Great peace have those who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble. (NIV)

According to this verse, a person can only be stumbled if they do not love God's Law.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

interesting scripture

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I got stumbled all the way out the troof by a corrupt elder.

Surely it was the elder who didn't love the law, not me? Or the holy spirit for allowing him to be corrupt and getting away with it for so long and not protecting me.

Whatever........................

• heathen
    heathen

If you're talking about ,stumble = make mad as hell . You bet ya . these people love to play a mind f@#$ game that only a complete fool would want to be victim of or part of .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit