Is the WTS and the JW's going to collapse in 2014?

by braincleaned 66 Replies latest jw friends

• therevealer
    therevealer

@jgnat == wouldn't that (1%) vulnerbility mean there should be like 70,000,000 witlesses. It is more like they state in the "Examining the scriptures daily" for 2012 in the foreward. However, not everyone feels the way you do. In fact, those who truly make the Bible their guide are a minority-only about 0.1 percent of the earth's
    population.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Point taken, therevealer. The 1% rule is fairly consistent in this part of the world. Might there be a certain fringe fanatical equivalent in other parts of the world, say the Falun Gong or the Whirling Dervishes?

• therevealer
    therevealer

I shouldn't go so far off topic, but jgnat and others, don't you tlhink it is funny how they themselves acknowledge and put forth that the billions of hours spent as the "chosen ones" to declare this good news has resulted in 0.1% penetration of the world population. So much for jehobar and his right hand man making sure that each and every one of mankind has the oppotunity to know them and grasp everlasting life. (according to/based on their claims of course)

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

And think of how it will feel for the average publisher, publishing the "Good News". The good news of what? That Jesus began ruling A CENTURY AGO AND HASN'T DONE ANYTHING?

Indeed. A century is not "a short period of time" in any book, even the Bible. I suspect some noise and complaints in 2 years. It's a feeling - I may indeed eat my words.

• Think About It
    Think About It

I think 1914 cannot be dropped by the WTS, simply because it directly leads to the 1919 chosing of the organization by God theology. The fact that 2014 marks 100 years that Christ has been reigning will simply be spun that it means the end is just that must closer. I would imagine some sutle hints about Noah preaching for 120 years before the flood came will be thrown around in order to buy time to 2034.

Another possibility is to openly declare that the Gentile times ending in 1914 was wrong. They can simply say that Russell, Rutherford & the others, were so eager for the end to come that they relied on the 607 BCE date, and ignored all the secular historical evidence pointing to 587 BCE. The WTS could then start the 2,520 years beginning in 587 BCE and tie everything into events leading into WWII. (1934 Jesus takes power, Satan cast down, Hitler's Nazi party, WWII, nuclear weapons, cold war, etc.) They could even go back to the "this generation" teaching. If they are creative, they could make all their "organizational chosing and Unitied Nations" theology fit also. This could get them to the year 2054.

I still say the dangerous game they are playing of riding on the back of their legal department is going to bite them in the ass. It won't be long before some of their slick JW lawyers figure out a way to scam them out of millions.

Think About It

• Gayle
    Gayle

I think their "creativity" is shot and up against the wall, to re-create a new date or any relatively sensible type of time frame or identifiers. They point to the 'evil' things going on, like all religions can do.

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

Think About It I agree. They do not need to drop 2520 years period but change the starting date playing on importand events on Jewish history. And they can continue to play with it for centuries.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit