Is the WTS and the JW's going to collapse in 2014?

by braincleaned 66 Replies latest jw friends

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Two years to go, and an embarrassing whole century will have gone by after 1914 -- the date of Armageddon. In no world is that a "short period of time"...

Let's put things in perspective, since the WTS claims to be the channel God has choosen.
    Akin to Harold Camping, they have continuously changed their story claiming "new light."
    Consequently -- can we find biblical reference to support the Organisation's claims?

No.

Name ONE prophet in the Bible, who has changes his story claiming "new light!" Add to that, the ridiculous fact that this new light always comes hindsight! Laughable, no? So check it out -- no prophet has been this wrong and fickle on dogma. In fact, Deutoronomy 18:20-22 condemns the 'false prophet' to death. Read that scripture slowly, and reflect.

So here's my cue to comments, is the WTS and the JW's going to collapse in 2014, when it will be clear that they have been feeding us bullshit for the past century?

* I imagine that they will have to make HUGE changes to keep the sheep following. My guess is that disfellowshipping and the blood issue will have to go first, if they want to keep a semblant of a following.

• baltar447
    baltar447

Very little will happen except perhaps more apathy and more fading.

• sir82
    sir82
    is the WTS and the JW's going to collapse in 2014

No.

Why should 2014 make any difference? They've never even hinted at that date as meaning anything.

After their spectacular failures on dates such as 1914, 1915, 1918, 1919, 1925, 1941, 1975, etc., and the continued growth of the organization after each of those failures, why do you think 2014 will lead to a "collapse"?

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Yes -- that is probably true baltar447
    .. unfortunately.

But I have a hunch that there could be a massive exodus from the Organisation. Especially those who know the WT history well...

• baltar447
    baltar447

The thing is, the ones old enough to really lived through what happened are trapped in a way. Their whole social lives are wrapped up in the cult and they are too old and it may be too traumatic to even consider that they were duped and they WILL die.

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

You guys are probably right, and you make a good point sir82.

But the JW's I know are starting to give way to doubt, as they should. The easy online access to the older books are prompting many blogs and discussions that reveal the obvious... the WTS is not priviledged with any Holy Spirit.

So I dunno... we'll see I guess.

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

// They've never even hinted at that date as meaning anything.//

Actually, that's incorrect. They still claim that Christ's return as king happened in 1914.

I suggest they're going to be forced to explain themselves, and of course, whip out the magic words "New Light"...

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

bc:

Probably not much will happen, except maybe more will "fade".

I think the real die-hards will stay no matter what since they have invested so much time there. I don't think they would leave even if Jesus Christ came smashing through the walls riding a wrecking ball.

• Ding
    Ding

I agree with Balter447.

The WT predictions have failed time and again and still most JWs believe whatever the GB tells them.

Even before 1914, many JWs have given up marriage, children, education, and careers because the end was so close.

The end must be even closer now, right?

So 2014 won't make much difference.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Collapse NO, but one should expect a new upsurge of questioning regarding this predicament.

If the WTS. doesn't come up with some new light to resolve this problem, there may be a segment

of the organization starting to head for the exit door.

I'm still under the impression that one day 1914 will be dropped by the WTS all together, thinking in realistic terms.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit