Watchtower threatens to sue their own

by blond-moment 32 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• steve2
    steve2
    He said they added the pedophilia stuff fairly recently. I cannot verify this personally however.

Thanks blond moment. If they added the pedophilia stuff beforehand, perhaps it explains the timing of the lawyer's letter? I find it strange that the website protests it is pro-JW - yet the commentary in response to the lawyer's letter sounds over the top and prematurely exposing for a website purporting to be a bona fide resource for JWs. Besides, if the website is so robustly pro-JWs, why didn't the founders of the site try to sort it out privately first of all with the Watchtower legal department rather than going straight to "press"?

Something of a rodent-nature seems to be lurking somewhere.....

• therevealer
    therevealer

What always amuses me with any of these, lets call them take down notices, and this is regardless of if they are pro or angainst, there was a time when the r&f were counseled to ignore any of such challenges against the mighty Jah. It was reasoned that because of Jehovah's almighty power none could prevail against him, that they would all be brought to nothing. And thus the belief was that they should be simply ignored.

• biometrics
    biometrics

I wonder if jehovahs-witness.net will ever get a take-down notice from the Watchtower (considering the amount of JW material posted here)?

• fugue
    fugue

Oh hell, I see me an email address that goes to bethel!

[email protected]

Friends, I think it's time to sign up [email protected] for a LOT of spam.

• moshe
    moshe

JWs have the unique teaching that only JWs can survive the upcoming battle of Armageddon- JWs have this special teaching and to get the full benefit of it you need to study their publications ( from mother in NY) with a JW teacher- they can't have just anybody messing around with their publications/ideas.

• clearpoison
    clearpoison

It is very interesting indeed that the daily text is not on prominent place on their website. There is a schedule for your personal bible reading but not today's text. What would be easier way to keep content dynamic. And I'm sure there is someway to check the time from browser in order to show correct days text.

CP

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

@biometrics "It's about control, not about whether or not the said site is supportive of the Watchtower. Imagine that site had thousands of JW daily visitors, then the site's owner (for whatever reason) decided that he/she is no longer going to support Watchtower teachings. The owner could slip in a few "Apostate" teachings, that could damage the Watchtower's business interests.

Good point. As appears to have happened, the site owner did become quite critical of the Watchtower, and the GB know that there is a high chance people that are active on the internet will change their opinion about the organisation over time. That is also what happened with Simon from JWN.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

The WT legal departments’ actions in no way harmonize with how Jesus would have responded. 1Peter 2:23 say of him: ‘…..When he was suffering, he did not go threatening, but kept on committing himself to the one who judges righteously.’

So instead of leaving it in Jah’s hands, as Jesus would do, WT flexes its’ legal muscle at the 'examiningthescripturesdaily' web site. IMO that is rather bullish behavior.

Thank you blond-moment for the thread and link. Interesting indeed!

• cedars
    cedars

Absolutely crazy stuff. So much for the Society's proposed new love affair with the internet. If they can be stupid enough to clamp down so ruthlessly even on supportive sites, then they clearly haven't got a hope in hell of making sound judgments when it comes to improving their image elsewhere.

As usual, the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

Cedars

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Good point jwfacts. WT could give a rats’ behind about the “Masters’ interests”. What it boils down to is the almighty dollar.

As you say…. people that are active on the internet will change their opinion about the organization over time.’

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit