This is making the witness email rounds...Anyone believe them?

by Botzwana 71 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Haulin Oats
    Haulin Oats

Holy Baby Jesus....I cannot get past the sand one.

A catholic priest owns the only sand on the island? Maybe he was pounding it. (ba-dum-TISH!)

Anyhow, This fierce ravaging storm comes up and blows it over to the dubs so they can make bricks. As if this is the ONLY storm the island has seen in its existence? Or theres no sand in between the coral beds just a few feet off shore? PT Barnum was right: "Theres one born every minute"

• viva
    viva

As for the second one, one time at a secular job site there was a tree that was very much in the way, but ordinances forbade its removal. It was actually holding up the project while the planners were modifying the layout. Severe weather was forecast for that evening, and I suggested to the site manager that the tree might be downed by the predicted high winds. The next day the tree had fallen over. Divine intervention? No, more like Catapilar D5 intervention.

I would not doubt that a tree fell harlessly and freed up the parking lot, I just doubt it fell unaided.

• ziddina
    ziddina

#1. So, "Jehovah" could protect everyone EXCEPT for that one poor brother?? (Waitasec... Since he was sitting towards the BACK of the hall, he must have been DISFELLOWSHIPPED!! Hah!! "Jehovah's" judgement passed on THAT one, already!!)

#2. What kind of city ordinance forbids removal of a tree from new construction sites???? Also, how big was this "tree"? If it was a large one, then which "storm" pushed it over? I suspect that would have taken a pretty big 'storm' - or maybe some "root-killer" slipped into the ground by an elder under cover of a dark, stormy night...

#3. They have basements in Florida??? But the water table's too high... Also, NO "worldly" person would even KNOW that "kingdom halls" are referred to as "halls" for short. Some "Elks" meeting places are referred to as "halls", too...

#4. Hmm... Well, if the brothers are just going to use any old crap that they've picked up off of the street... Besides, what sort of building inspector would allow them to use trusses salvaged from a roll-over - they probably wouldn't be up to 'code'... Not to mention that the construction company would have needed the trusses - damaged and undamaged - to present to the insurance company as proof of damage for the insurance claim...

#5. Sand moves around seasonally on many ocean islands. It doesn't always take a "storm", sometimes the winter storms strip the sand off of the beaches, while summer weather deposits it. Nothing "divine" about that...

#6. That story was going the rounds during WWII... Some spy planted by the Nazis/KGB was killed by lightning/whatever, and then they found out that he was planning on giving all of their names to the officials. Too bad that the "angels" couldn't have just given the elders of the congregation enough smarts to spot the imposter, in the first place...

#7. Yet another WWII story - actually, that story might go back even further - that's been recycled for the current - er, "overlapping" - generation of Witlesses...

That's the Watchtower Corporation for you - won't recycle their poisonous inks but recycles their lame stories about how "Jehovah" is "helping" them...

• iclone
    iclone

All of these so-called miracle stories are fabricated and distorted. I recall when I served as an elder the C.O. would ask for local experiences and not once was it ever requested to ensure the experience could be verified or authenticated. That is why you get all these exaggerated stories because nobody ever takes measures to verify these accounts. And the WT has the audacity to put down Wikipedia because anyone can contribute to these posts without credentials etc. How is it any worse with these B.S. stories that are propagated by the WTS, its representatives and the R&F? It doesn’t end there. Think of all the experiences you hear at assemblies from people that you know personally boasting about themselves which you for a fact know is absolute B.S. Or these ridiculous stories of how Jehovah helped a brother find a better job with twice the pay because he refused to miss his district convention or helped another find a well-paying part time job so they could pioneer, yet would not intervene and stop the crazed maniac Anders Breivik from slaughtering close to 70 innocent people-most of them children. If this is the M.O. of God, regardless of who he is…I want nothing to do with him!

• Hillary
    Hillary

I remember when I was a kid hearing about two JW's who went to see the movie The Exorcist. The movie started and they realized they were in way over their heads (too scarey, too demonic, etc.). They tried to get out of their seats to leave but they weren't able to. Demons were holding them down and not letting them leave their seats

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Every country has similar legends. Europe is full of God intervening on both sides of a dispute. Saints play a big role. Joan of Arc is one such tale.

Shakespeare's histories are littered with them.

If these events happened, they would be notable to all media and heavily documented. I don't know whether Jesus performed miracles. If the Romans documented them, I'd be more inclined to accept all the details in the gospels.

Jehovah saves Witnesses. Yet busloads of Witnesses die horribly in auto accidents and acts of God coming from conventions, not just a KH. It happened in my KH. I saw a brother after a meeting, joking around. He went to NY, a half hour away. On his way, a drunk driver hit him. His funeral had an open casket. He was so mangled that it should have been a closed casket. Where was God?

Where was God with Jesus? Where was God with St. Paul's beheading?

• craigulous
    craigulous

I would be more likely to give my bank account information to that guy from Nigeria that keeps emailing me than believe that schlock. I forgot about all of the urban myths that get passed around. Btw, did everyone know that the song "Crystal Blue Persuasion" was written about the "Truth Book"...... true story, I swear it....... no really it was. And Jimi Hendrix wrote "All along the Watchtower" after a return visit from a couple of Elders. Also true.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Yeah those are BS half of them were making rounds when I was a dub SMH!

• nugget
    nugget

Seems the stories indicate more about money than about strength of God. Not having to pay for work and making use of other people's property which they should have stored and returned shows what is important. Lightening striking the unworthy total rubbish. Other police informants have done very well what made this one special enough to get Gods attention.

No honourable mention for Andre the guy is slipping.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Azazel " the sister sitting in the second row ended up deaf in 1! ear from the blast" now that must be a miracle!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit