Fashion Models' badly damaged feet...

by ziddina 29 Replies latest social physical

• ziddina
    ziddina

I hope that this link works...

Go to this link...

http://www.vogue.co.uk/fashion/trends/2012-spring-summer/mules/gallery#

And click on one of the pictures. That should start the "slide show"...

Then move your mouse/cursor over the picture. That stops the slide show temporarily.

As you move your mouse/cursor, position it over the heels, ankles, forefront of the feet, and the toes...

And remember, as you look at the damage that those "haute couture" shoes do, that you're looking at the feet of fairly young teenaged girls, not the feet of grannies....

I could not believe my eyes - the damage that I saw on these girls' feet and ankles...

• ziddina
    ziddina

Yup! the link works...

If you really want to see some damage, go to the other runway shows and look at the girls' legs - NOT at the fashions, but at their legs and knees...

The fashion industry is still pushing girls into deadly anorexia, I see...

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Uncomfortable, unhealthy, and unaffordable--is that the definition of fashion? This might be next season's style:

orthopedic ankle brace

• talesin
    talesin

GL Tirebiter ---- YES! That is what I am wearing right now. I've always worn sensible, and orthopedic shoes, but due to a traumatic injury, I am suffering some extreme foot problems. For 2 years, the doctors ignored the trauma, and assumed I had done it to myself by wearing bad shoes.

It is so common, and sad that women, in our day and age, do this to themselves. GIVE UP THE 6" HEELS,, NOW.

I have learned quite a bit about "Morton's Neuroma", though, and that is caused by HIGH HEELS and bad shoes. It amazes me that women will do this to themselves, for the sake of fashion.

Zid,,, good topic! Maybe some women will read this, and save themselves a lot of future pain, for the sake of vanity.

xo

tal

• the_raisin
    the_raisin

Jebus!!! I knew about the damage induced by wearing heels LONG ago, so I don't wear heels, unless it's a special occassion. I actually haven't worn heels in years, I prefer comfortable shoes. But my grandma was a very fashionable lady of the seventies/eighties according to my dad, and the family has always commented on her feet, how horrible they are :p.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hi, GL Tirebiter and Talesin!!!

Thanks for commenting!!!

Yeah, ladies, give up the 6" heels - and while we're at it, give up the 5", the 4", and even the 3" heels, too...

I never went above a 2" to 2 1/2" heel, and all my toes are still nice and straight, and my arches are strong and healthy, in spite of a puncture wound to my right arch when I was 17...

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hi, Raisin! Thanks for your comment!

• talesin
    talesin

right on raisin! I love wimmens who have common sense, which is not too darn common.

Zid, you are my heroine! smart womin, YOU.

xo

tal

• the_raisin
    the_raisin

No prob Zidina, this is actually a really interesting thread!!! Also: celebrity feet. I've seen some gnarly feet on some beautiful actresses. In that front, I do not envy them.

Aw thank you talesin!!! I try, I try lol

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Not a corn or bunion do I have on my feet. I've had large size feet since I was 11or 12, which kinda restricted me on the types of shoes I could wear. I've been wearing sensible shoes since then. When I got older the shoe industry kinda caught up with my size and I could wear high heels. I stopped wearing high heels for the most part after I started having kids and gained some weight because the heels were really hurting my feet. So at the age of 46 I have really pretty feet. When I get a pedicure my feet look awesome. Big but awesome.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit