I need nothing else

by MsGrowingGirl20 32 Replies latest forum announcements

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Jesus came to bring a sword, not peace.

Are you feeling the heat?

Here at the Church of I Don't Know, it's all good. We're even cool with Jesus. Never once has he asked anything of us.

Good luck.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

"Love your neighbour as youself " "Look after widows and orphans"

If you apply those two things in your life, Jesus on judgement day will say to you :

"Get on my Left, go into eternal destruction with the goats !" then He will say:

"Only joking" !

"Go on the right, with all the people who never believed in me, never knew me, but lived as if they were doing it to me, oh, and a few self-righteous christians who happened to live well too "

Don't worry about yourself, worry about, and serve others.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    Gosh....i feel as though my life has no direction...ALL I WANT TO DO IS FOLLOW CHRIST THE RIGHT WAY...

You just be careful.

With thinking like that, you are a prime target for every religious cult on the planet.

Get yourself some critical thinking skills before you begin your search. The Watchtower's killer god isn't going to murder us all tomorrow. You have plenty of time.

• Black Sheep
  • MsGrowingGirl20
    MsGrowingGirl20

ok...thank u all very much for the advice and encouragement

• ziddina
    ziddina

Well, honey....

True Christianity is based on the New Testament....

Read THAT - over and over and over again.

But - as Ann O'Maley said, NOT under any stress or duress. Don't try too hard; don't force your understanding, don't try to shove your beliefs all into one box, right away.

Just read... And think... And meditate.

Then start looking around - at the Jehovah's Witnesses, at first.

If they don't fit, then look at other churches, too.

It's pretty easy. If you believe in the bible's gods - and 'Jesus' - then 'they' left you a pretty clear "road map" in the New Testament, didn't they? Make sure that the religion you finally settle on, measures up to that road map - and don't be afraid to leave, if the religion does NOT measure up.

Best results to you...

Zid

• MsGrowingGirl20
    MsGrowingGirl20

thank uuu

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"i'm tired and all i want to do is serve the Almighty God"

For starters, Almighty God doesn't need you to "serve" him. Get rid of the JW mindset that "Almighty God" is so helpless that you need to wipe his a$s for him... for several hours every week. The Watchtower god isn't "Almighty", he's petty and will throw a freakin' hissy fit if some little girls have a "Barbie's Dream Themed Birthday Party".

If he's really "Almighty", he doesn't need slaves to serve him. If you want to go that route, you need to understand that an Almighty God would want you to get some rest when you're tired. Imagine you have healthy, wealthy, loving, and generous grandparents, would it be logical for them to tell you that you have to sit in a windowless building for hours every week reading the same stories about them over and over, then spend much of your weekend going around knocking on peoples' doors to tell them how wonderful these grandparents are? Would they expect you to send them money and deny yourself opportunities for education and happiness? Of course not.

Find yourself the God that's going to make you a better person, happier, and will let you rest when you're tired. If you get confronted with some needy diety that demands to be 'served', tell him to pi$s off. Who wants to "serve" an Unmighty God?

As far as "following Jesus", please don't take that too literally. He died at age 33. Instead, learn the lesson that salvation doesn't come from following some written law. His yoke is supposed to be kindly and his load light... his message, though, can be confusing and contradictory. The best lesson that you can learn from ANY religion is to be a good person.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Another thought - following what others have said about reading the Bible/NT. What helped me when I was at a similar stage was reading the NT right through using a different translation of the Bible and reading it for pleasure as opposed to frantically wanting to find answers (although I wanted to do that as well LOL!). My translation of choice happened to be the New Jerusalem.

The reason for using a different translation is that we have become conditioned to think in a certain pattern to stock NWT expressions or verses which means we home in on those and often miss the flavor of the surrounding context or message. Reading from a different translation helps to break the previous thought patterns and we often see a whole new perspective on those well-worn passages. In fact, it can be like discovering the NT for the first time!

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

I was in the same place you are when I exited.... so patience.... patience and more patience... there is no hurry.... start erasing your programming, go to the beginning as if you didnt know anything. no god no jesus no nothing. like a newborn and start relearning everything with an open mind.... you will eventually feel better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit