Global Warming Alarmist Admits...

by metatron 40 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

That is shocking. I really believed in global warming, but now I am beginning to think it was a big mistake. And that some people promoted falsehoods on purpose. It goes to show that the Watchtower does not have a monopoly on alarmist claptrap. Neither is science the saviour some atheist ex-JWs take it to be.

• designs
    designs

'climate change is happening just not as fast..' Science has to be applied to modern ways of living and social modification. Just consider in Orange County Ca. 22-Billion pieces of plastics are used annually by 3 million people, our last Land Fill reached capacity 10 years ago. Do a photo research on the Los Angeles and San Bernardino mountain range from 1950 - 2010 and ask 'where did the forest go'. Climate change is real and 7 billion people moving in the direction of industrialization has a significant impact.

• besty
    besty

if you want to make your mind up on whether climate change is happening or not via the mass media that's up to you - you may wish to read the interview in context as given to the source journalist:

http://worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/23/11144098-gaia-scientist-james-lovelock-i-was-alarmist-about-climate-change?lite

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I really believed global warming. But let's face it folks, we've been had.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Besty beat me to it!

• besty
    besty
    I really believed global warming.

I think you didn't get off on the right foot SBF - belief isn't required when the facts are there...

be·lief

noun 1. something believed ; an opinion or conviction: a belief that the earth is flat. 2. confidence in the truth or existence of something not immediately susceptible to rigorous proof: a statement unworthy of belief. 3. confidence; faith; trust: a child's belief in his parents. 4. a religious tenet or tenets; religious creed or faith: the Christian belief.

• Frozenout
    Frozenout

With the extremist claims and playing politics instead of doing real science these people have lost a lot of credibility.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

If you don't think science relies on belief you are fooling yourself.

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

They have lost credibility because they make claims that can't be backed up. Unfortunately the general population doesn't educate themselves before forming an opinion. For a while there global warming was considered fact. Now fortunately there is more accurate info available, more studies have been done by people who don't have a financial interest in changing governmental policy or selling "green" products. Read up on solar cycles, it will open your mind a bit.

"environmentalists" (tree huggers) will always try to stop development and establishment, and will make wild claims to do so. I work in the oilsand mining industry in Canada, I see this and hear about it everyday. EVERY single claim made by these people has been proved wrong, but that is another conversation for another day. Take away their Biased BS "info", and they haven't a leg to stand on. they lose one fight, they pick another. It never ends. I never will until we're freezing out asses off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit