questions that defy JW logic No bible needed just a working brain

by thecrushed 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

Even before awakening from the Mind Control my mind would plague me with doctrine defying logic. I'd like to share some of my self explanatory questions here. Every time I'd ask JW's these questions they would give me BS answers like we will have to wait on Jehovah to tell us in the New system or some other lamo thinking stopper.

How did all the diversity and unique life that has been discovered in the past century in the south american rain forests and austrailia get from the Ark to there respective places? How did all the millions of unique species of flora and fuana that are dependant on there respective ecosystems survive in one ark?

If it was so important then why didn't God just recreate them instead of creating such an impossible task for Noah?

If Jehovah is a perfect God then why did he create Dinosaurs just to then turn around and have them destroyed not once but several times? Did God really need an eraser on his creation pencil?

Why would a Loving God create Parasites that kill people everyday? Why would he create viruses?

Why would he create animals designed to rip flesh from bones if his purpose was for them to eat grass and be completely tranquil and peaceful with everyone.

Why do we see an ecosystem that strikes a perfect balance with all living things via predator or prey food chain system?

We now know that we are all related by our DNA. If we were individually created by god should not every DNA pattern be unique in everyway with no relation to any other creature? Yet we see that certian parts of our DNA are simply switches that have been turned off or discarded because we no longer needed them.

If birds didn't come from dino's then how the hell did scientists recently manage to manipulate genes found in chickens that are also found in Raptors to give them teeth?

If we are supposed to live forever then why have scientists found that the sun has a finite amount of expendable energy before it super nova's and destroys the solar system?

If we are supposed to live forever why is it known that the Andromedia and Milkyway Galaxy will eventually murge there by destroying everything and then rebirthing into a new Galaxy? Does anyone remember seeing the computer model in the new "the wonders of God's Creation" video where this is shown happening as a simulation yet they seem to think we are all too stupid to know what is happening there? I think I remember them comparing it to a magnificent ordered ballet. *snickers*

I really wanna have fun with this thread so please add to this list of simple bible doctrine logic busters! I encourage some of the more diligent students of science to add there evidence and sources supporting these simple questions. Have you been brave enough to ask other active JW's some of these questions and what kind of non answers have you been given?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Practice hammering their 'wait on Jehovah'.

Ask how is this any different from a Mormon, confronted by DNA evidence that the NAs were never any lost tribe of Israel, waiting on his church leaders to get it right?

Ask if this is the same Jehovah that told the Watchtower that the Ancient Worthies were going to be resurrected in 1925?

If it's an older Dub that you have heard make a statement that has passed its use by date, remind them and ask if they got that idea from the Jehovah they are asking you to wait on? or was it from a bunch of old men in the Vatican .... sorry ... Salt lake City .... sorry ... Brooklyn.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"I think I remember them comparing it to a magnificent ordered ballet"

Yeah, it's the ballet where a lioness chases down a baby gazelle, rips its throat open, and the pride eats the flesh and laps up the blood... all because 6000 years ago, a talking snake convinced a naked lady to eat a magic apple.

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

Another problem for the literal Flood is where did all the water come from? Where did it go after?

My study director showed me where wt literature endorsed the ludicrous water canopy explanation, long ago thouroughly debunked.

• ABJAH
    ABJAH

The Bible even proves that it was a local flood ... it's just that our wonderful teachers over all these centuries haven't gotten around to understanding the symbolic language of GOD.

Science and Religion deal with two seperate things ... One deals with the physical and the other with the spiritual ... Even the 6 days of Genesis desribe mankinds 6000 years of spiritual journey and not our physical creation.

When will they get it into their stuborn little heads !!!!

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

Welcome, ABJAH!

Religion and science are two very different things, agreed. And the jw record of trying to use

science to "prove" thier interprestations and then backtracking is notorious.

Retro

• glenster
    glenster

The JWs teach a literal Noah flood. Problems with that are at the next link.
    I don't remember the Watchtower referring to the spread of animals afterward--I
    think they leave the reader to imagine a miracle of God. They may still use
    dubious sources to leave the impression that evidence supports the literal flood
    idea:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flood_geology

I'd recommend How to Think About God, Mortimer Adler, which includes that the
    intelligent design idea doesn't work as proof of God, but I think that's what
    the Watchtower teaches. I don't think they'd deny dinosaurs and the age of the
    Earth, etc., but they use dubious reference sources to attack evolution and
    support intelligent design as if needed to support the God idea.

The God concept only requires perfection in certain abilities--it doesn't re-
    quire that He provided perfection in life or all-beneficence (no viruses, etc.)
    or we'd all live in heavenly circumstances forever. The Bible God clearly shows
    likes and dislikes so isn't all-beneficent. The Watchtower acknowledges that in
    its way although with conservative interpretations and an afterlife promise
    made the most narrow by the Watchtowers' methods to affect exclusiveness:
    http://www.watchtower.org/e/bh/article_01.htm

I think the Watchtower leaves the reader to imagine an Earth lasting forever
    the same way as for the spread of animals after a literal flood--due to a mira-
    cle of God.

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

In one ancient Sino-Tibetan language, dating back three to four thousand years ago, we have the word

http://www.bibleprobe.com/chinese.htm The Traditional Character "Chua(3)n", this was brought to my attention by one of my friends in Hong Kong, he is not a JW, sixth generation from exposure of early British Missionaries throughout Asia. Central and South Americans had tales of some type of "Global Flood", the art teacher (now dead) had thought Noah built a raft, when the rivers over-flowed into the valley.

We can ask how did Jehovah create the "Wood Frog", who our friends in Canada know to exist. This little frog is able to freeze to death in the Winter, only to come back to life once the snow thaws, how cool is that? Reading about those little "wood frogs" whose body has learned to dump all the water from the blood, while increasing glucose (a anti-freeze) to stay in frozen statis, is something only man has dreams of doing!

@thecrushed, check out this link on "Thor Heyerdahl" he wrote "Kon Tikki" and believed in ancient sea travelers long before we thought possible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thor_Heyerdahl

There are theories we experienced a mini-ice age which caused radical changes less than two thousand years ago in Europe, and the ability of our skin color to change over centurys by moving away from "Full Sun Countries" to lower Sun "Norway, England, Sweden". Why do African Americans suffer from diseases their ancient family don't? Just a few coins, you can tell I believe God created everything.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I had many of the same doubts. One of the biggest I had was:

If humans only die as a result of sin, why do animals and plants also die, when they have a similar genetic structure?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Why are you not allowed to question everything, when, in Acts, the Beroeans are called "Noble minded" for doing just that ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit