The Tower of Babel - Languages: Isn't this story unhinged?

by james_woods 88 Replies latest watchtower bible

• james_woods
    james_woods

OldGenerationDude - you are really making this too complicated.

What I am saying is that the story as given in the Bible (no Watchtower interpretations involved at all) - simply makes no sense.

Why would a god want the people's languages scattered so that they could not build the tower? God was afraid of the tower??? God was jealous of the tower??? There is just no rational reason why god would want to interfere with their progress unless he wanted to hold them back from progress. Later, god does nothing to hold people back from making technical progress.

This notion makes no sense at all - (aside from the fact that this is certainly NOT the way human languages developed).

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The whole story (if you can believe what is in the LIE-ble that contains it) only highlights that Jehovah only favors the Jews. And this means that Satan is only enemy to Jews--Satan is actually everyone else's friend. Jehovah, with the power (to destroy, not create anything), goes ahead and ruins something that Satan's friends were going to create. Had this been finished without interference, there is no way the Jews (and their parasitic nature) could have competed with the Gentiles. They would have been slaughtered or died out.

However, Jehovah sided with the Jews and ruined this creation, giving the Jews the upper hand. Ultimately, this same Almighty Lowlife Scumbag that gave the Jews the upper hand at that time also helped them to slaughter nations for not worshiping their god Jehovah, created and exalted Tyrant David for slaughtering so many non-Jehovah worshipers, destroying most of what we know about true Satanism (and their temples), creating a fake messiah (stolen from something like 20 others), and ultimately enslaving the whole human race. And they wonder why they don't want people reading their Talmud--most of the information against the Jews comes right from that document, along with the LIE-ble. If they don't want people bashing them, they had better stop trying to enslave everyone else and living as parasites among the nations.

• N.drew
    N.drew

By settling and building their city to make a great name for themselves (THERE in the valley) they were actually holding themselves back from progress. If the whole world becomes held back, which is likely and natural if the majority stalls, then the WAY to God's will on Earth accomplished will not be found. If the way is not found truth remains hidden. If truth remains hidden everlasting life will not be accomplished.

Please try to remember the Bible is about spiritual things. If you don't want to consider the spiritual meaning of scripture, leave it alone.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

If the whole world becomes held back, which is likely and natural if the majority stalls, then the WAY to God's will on Earth accomplished will not be found.

And I thought all along that God created humans with free will....

• N.drew
    N.drew
    And I thought all along that God created humans with free will....

Please offer a scriptural reference for "God created human's with free will". Thank you!

I only say that it is natural because I engage my power of observation. You don't?

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Please offer a scriptural reference for "God created human's with free will".

Seriously?! I was under the impression that this is a given. Are you saying God did not create humans with free will?

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

Excellent post Mr Woods. It is, of course, a complete load of nonsense.

• N.drew
    N.drew
    Are you saying God did not create humans with free will?

I'm saying I wasn't there.

Have you never wondered what this means?

3 “Let us tear their fetters apart
    And cast away their cords from us!”

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

I may be guilty of childish, binary thinking here, but objectively, either the events as described in the Bible happened, or they did not.

The excluded middle does not apply here.

There may be many things from the bible we can learn about the wisdom of the ancients, debates on the nature of 'God', but at some point you have to let the narrative stand alone.

I have come to to the conclusion that the Bible is not - what did we used to say - "Reliable History - Accurate Prophecy".

We might as well use Grimms fairy tales for moral guidance, they're just as sexist but slightly less homophobic.

• N.drew
    N.drew

You will reap what you sow implies that will is not free.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit