Today's text 22 April 2011 Stay thick!!

by punkofnice 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I saw todays text(TM) and it was obvious bait and switch!

It was banging on about listening to the holy spirit (a good thing if you believe in it), and then they used these sickifying words:

''We do not need extensive formal education in order to comprehend deep spiritual truths that have been published.''

Do they mean stay thick? What do they mean by 'deep'(TM)? 'Published' by whom?
  • blond-moment
    blond-moment

You know my thoughts on the "meat" in due season haha. Adam and Eve sinned....question, what did Adam and Eve do?...yes brother punk..."they sinned"...well done well done, what fine deep spiritual truths the slave has given us today. Gack.

• anezthy
    anezthy

The statement alone is condecending to their rank and file. Since no one understands what they say they make believe that the rank and file are stupid. Yes, definitely bait and switch.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I remember my daughter (R&F JDub) said about my evangelistic Church that 'it isn't about emotion, it's about accurate knowledge(TM)'.

Curious! The 'accurate knowledge'(TM) of JWs can't be all that accurate.........it keeps changing!!

• nugget
    nugget

It basically says learn just enough to read but not question the rubbish wot we wrote.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

Putting "Education" down again.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I think what it means is that if you keep eating their tough, sinewy, meat in due season, you're gonna need some toothpicks and dental floss to get that irritating old meat from out of your teeth!

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

They mean exactly what they stated in the text. In one of the convention talks several years ago and in an assembly talk a few years back it was mentioned that reading, writing and basic arithmetic was all that was needed. Higher education is bad unless you get it on your dime and then take your degree to Bethel or write checks to them...then it's God's will.

• Red Piller
    Red Piller

They don't miss an opportunity to bash education. A similar thing is mentioned in the intro to the yearbook. The "letter" from the GB.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Nugget - It basically says learn just enough to read but not question the rubbish wot we wrote.

Exactly. What they mean is, "It is better is you don't have an education, in order to accept our doctrine without question."

There is very little deep spiritual truths within the Watchtower, most is very simplistic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit