Do you wear your mark proudly....

by Momma-Tossed-Me 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

At times in histroy the ruling classes have used marking or tatooing as a mark to notify the public of how to respond or be warned with regard to the individual bearing the mark.

In some cultures this marking practice has caused more problems than it solved. These individuals have banded together and gained influence among the populace, some for good purpose, some for bad.

I would like to think that our collective purpose is good. Our purpose should be educational, informing those who are in, and out, that this organization has lost God's approval if it ever had it at all.

Inorder to do that we must not shrink away from those who are in when we see them in public. Walk with your head held high and if you are happy then smile. Convey to them from your body language that what the Watchtower writes about us is incorrect.

So wear your mark proudly and if possible express it to them if they initiate conversation.

MTM

• leeza
    leeza

Thank you, M-T-M for this reminder. I've been thinking about this regularly because; when I see someone from the hall, I shrink and shyly smile-- and then I ask myself, "Why did I do that?" (Now I have been avoiding leaving my house so that I don't have to deal with it.)

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Hi leeza,

Welcome to the forum.

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

Leeza,

I am honored that what I wrote struck a nerve with you and made you want to post on JWN. Welcome to the forum and I hope that you will find as much informational support as I have.

Again welcome!

MTM

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Momma-Tossed-Me:

I always hold my head high and have a pleasant expression. I have occasionally encountered JW women in the mall, etc. In many instances, so many years have passed and many have aged so much that I barely recognize them. If I do, I do not shrink from eye-contact and simply have a pleasant expression (sort of a half-smile). I am not engaging them in conversation and am not really greeting them. To be honest, I have no real desire to talk to them. If they weren't my friends 25+ years ago why would I need them now? ?

Witnesses are really delusional if they think that somebody who is, for all intents and purposes, a stranger cares one iota what they think.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Welcome Leeza!! Why not start a thread introducing yourself.

I am apostate and proud of it MTM - I look em in the eye and smile.

• leeza
    leeza

Dear Amelia, Momma, and Cantleave,

Thank you for welcoming me. Truly, I try to not post. I am afraid of things being taken the wrong way and I do not want to offend anyone. But, it was so nice to be welcomed. And Cantleave, I think I inadvertantly did--kind of LOL! You might want to check out
    "email from grandma" page 3! I responded and then I received a response from KingSolomon . . . I . . . replied . . . and therein lies my "thread!"

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Leeza, I just read your experience and I think it deserves a thread of its own. You should copy and paste it into a new topic, it should be heard and read. You're amazing and strong.

You also deserve a hug.

Leeza

• leeza
    leeza

Dear palmtree, Wow, thanks for your kind words.

Truthfully, I haven't even scratched the surface of my life's "experiences. I will say, though, that I have learned to be patient and about the power of LOVE. But, I really kind of think it deserves deleted.

I do not like to share things-- good or bad. I don't like to complain because so many people have gone through so much worse. That's the same reason that I do not like to share good news openly; because so many people don't have any happiness and it seems cruel to flaunt any happiness I might have (just thinking about facebook) I would rather send private messages but I realize that this site is to help others so . . .

And I thank you for you hugs. There are so many, many times when I have needed hugs. Thank you. Now stop making me cry . . .

• Azazel
    Azazel

Up untill recently i got that quessy feeling whenever i encountered a JW even a related on.The other night i was out celebrating a friends Birthday at a restaurant in Sydney and there was a party of 16 JW out for dinner on DA night u know suits ,ties Badges etc etc.

This was the first time i didnt really feel anything at all about the JWs. I was really happy. I gave a great un-witness to my friends ( who are varying stages of heavy tattoos ) that they would consider us "worldy" and in line for destruction by God. I was tempted to go shit stir but i wouldnt like my ex and my kids being harrased out for dinner so i didnt.

Happy Az

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit