Do you wear your mark proudly....

by Momma-Tossed-Me 15 Replies latest jw friends

• leeza
    leeza

Dear Azaze,

Good for you! And I am glad that you decided to take the "high road" out of concern for you ex and kids. That is Christian LOVE!

• Azazel
    Azazel

thx Leeza and glad your here posting because your research and ideas are important and interesting

Az

• leeza
    leeza

Azazel, Thank you. That's very nice of you to say. I hope to tty again. I have been up all night and it is 5:30 now; so I think I'll call it a night and try to get some sleep. Hopefully I won't sleep in. An old friend called me yesterday (she is disfellowshipped) We haven't seen each other in 9 years and she is coming over for a visit. I haven't had a friend since 2005 so it will be nice to talk to some one face to face and enjoy the company of a friend in the flesh. Thanks for the encouragement. Good night!

• finally awake
    finally awake

We went out to lunch on Saturday with my mother in law, sister in law and two nieces. While we were there, the whole group of dubs from the local kingdom hall came in for lunch after field service. We had received our food already, and my youngest started to pitch a fit over the fact that his cousin put the ketchup on his plate instead of letting him do it himself. I took him outside to discuss the inappropriatness of his temper tantrum, and ended up walking right through the whole cluster of dubs waiting for a table. I was too busy being annoyed with my kid to even look at anyone. When we came back inside, I walked right past Elder Likes to Beat my Child. FUnny, none of them stopped by our table to say hello.

It's nice to not care one bit about what they think anymore.

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

I wear the scarlet letter as a badge of honour. It is far more beautiful than the 666 hanging at the door of the KH.

• Quendi
    Quendi

I’m now living in an area where I don’t know the local Witnesses, so there’s little chance of an encounter. In the past, my attitude has been that I won’t go out of my way to meet or greet them and I still feel that way. It’s not that I have anything to be ashamed of now, but that I will not force my association on those who don’t want it—regardless of what reasons they have for shunning me. I’d much rather choose my friends secure in the knowledge that the attraction is mutual.

They say that living well is the best revenge. I am living much better now that I am no longer a Witness than I did as one. So for me that is enough. If I do meet any Witnesses in the future, I’ll treat them like I would anyone else but those happenstances will be by chance and not by choice. Our paths have sundered and while I wish matters were otherwise, I’ve accepted the change and have moved on.

Quendi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit