After leaving the "Doom & Gloom" mentality of the JW's life is good.

by mrquik 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mrquik
    mrquik

I was in for 50 years. Life on hold, always waiting for an end that didn't come. Sacrificing so many things. Finally got out. Here's a short list of the many good things I've accumulated since I left. How about you?

1. Remarried a loving wonderful woman.

2. Building a new home. Finally building one with a shop attached.(All guys need a shop.)

3. Cruise to the Caribbean usually twice a year.(Sure do miss them assemblies. Maybe I should take magazines & pass them out on the Lido deck.)

4. Got tattoos. No longer looking over my shoulder for judgemental Zealots.

5. Really enjoy birthdays, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Mothers' Day & Fathers' Day. Actually got remarried on St.Valentine's Day.

6. Get to smile at the pathetic car groups huddled in Tim Hortons on Saturday mornings. (Need to build more of them in NY)

7. Deep satisfaction in knowing the real "Truth"'.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Congratulations! So happy to see that you are enjoying life!

It is good to reflect:

In for thirty years.

1. Have same husband-he is out with me, after being elder for over twenty years.

2. Updated our home....looks like we can enjoy it a while longer since the big A is not sooooooo close.

3. Take vacations with non-JW family members now, instead of spending money on motels for Conventions.

4. No tatoos, am sixty and don't want to see anything drooping as skin sags.

5. Really enjoy birthdays, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Mother's Day and Father's Day.

6. Can enjoy taking a walk on Saturday morning without wearing dress clothes and carrying a heavy book bag.

7. Will graduate from college in one year (have to work full time-didn't save for retirement) and though I won't be able to start a new and exciting career, do feel the sense of accomplishment that comes with tackling all the classes and feel the love of learning instead of "we have done the research for you."

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Now I know what I need if I am to ever have a chance of being truly spiritually healthy. And it is not more a$$emblies, more field circus, or praying to Jesus or Jehovah. Nor is it more church time, reading the LIE-ble, or going to Nigeria to do a stupid mission there. It is, in fact, something most right-hand path religions bash. Something I always had a sense of needing more of, but those filthy angels always prevented me from getting.

What? Yup, the spiritism that the washtowel is always condemning. Along with all the help I can get to get into a decent trance (they never succeeded at the Kingdumb Hell), do proper meditation (and not on the LIE-ble, either--or the washtowel), and get those chakras in something that resembles real chakras for a change. And, it also involves looking right where I was told not to: Satan. Now, whether even he will be able to fix my chakras and heal me spiritually remains to be seen (and if not, it will be either because I am too far gone, thanks to those filthy angels, Christi-SCAM-ity, and parents that denigrated everything I tried to do--or because those filthy angels just keep running interference to prevent anything from having a chance to work). But at least now I know what I need to have happen.

Which is better than sitting at the Kingdumb Hell, waiting for Jehovah to do something that is never going to happen.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MRQUIK:

It is great to have my mind back and to have unloaded the ton of bricks the neurotic religion puts on you. No more!!

Glad I escaped from this TRAP!

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Thanks for sharing and letting the newbies and lurkers know that there is life on the other side! Life is so much better when you're not waiting for it to end.

• Star tiger
    Star tiger

Hi,

The beauty of seeing life a new, and building on book knowledge, someone once said beware of the man that reads one book.

As a counterpoint to this is the responsibility to find something that works for the individual, as we all know religion is philosophy lite and is probably free on itunes, lol!

Questions always seem to breed new questions, I'm not sorry I left the witnesses, now the responsibility is with us, not sad old men with nothing else to do!!

Regards,

Star Tiger

• mrquik
    mrquik

Hey Q; I'm 60. That's the beauty of getting older. Everyone that would be pissed over the tattoos is dead.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

That's a fan-frigging-tastic opening post. Congratulations on your "real life."

I especially like "No longer looking over my shoulder for judgemental Zealots."

I thought I was much less judgemental than your average Dub, but when I left I saw that I needed to let go of a bit more of that. They really do a number on us and cause members to whisper, gossip, put people in categories quickly.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

I was in for 50 years and I have been free for 2....now I can focus on the good in people and not the evil. I want the world to get better and not worse because I am no longer waiting for the big A. I just bought a larger house and I am spending time decorating and renovating it thinking that when I am gone my children and grand children may benefit from my work and remember me throught the things I built. I have made some new friends who love me for what I am and not for what I believe and I have a better relationship with my younger brother who never became a JW. Most importantly I am free to love my daughter who disassociated herself 15 years ago. No one can dictate to me how a father should love their children by shunning them...

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Thanks for sharing and letting the newbies and lurkers know that there is life on the other side! Life is so much better when you're not waiting for it to end.

I remember when my reply (at least in thought) would have been: Damn right you better enjoy life now, 'cause this life is all you're gonna get!

Can you say: Mind Control?

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit