BOE 2014-11-06 Procedures when legal issues are involved

by wifibandit 34 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• game1914over
    game1914over
    It's getting worse...time for this organization to be shut down completely!
  • erandir
    erandir

I have 2 comments and a question:

According to what I have studied and learned from their publications and meetings "nonneutral behavior" refers to taking sides in political issues such as voting, being involved with political action committees, protests, being part of the military, or even participating in a city council meeting .  To the "society," voting is taking a side and "choosing" one candidate over another instead of "not being a part of the world".

They are hiding behind the term nonneutral to disguise that they are anti-military, anti-establishment, anti-democracy, anti-patriotic.  

And the question is:  By becoming an NGO member of the UN to get library card priveleges, did the Governing Body disassociate itself?

• sir82
    sir82

What legal maneuverings are they afraid of by calling it "nonneutral" and mean "choosing to vote"?

In some countries, voting and/or military service are compulsory for all citizens.

The WTS may not enjoy legal status, and the benefits of property ownership, in a particular country if it could be proved that Watchtower punishes their own members for performing a legally compulsory activity.

Thus, the need for a vague (but recognizable to a JW) term such as "non-neutral". And the razor-thin distinction between "disfellowshipping" and "disassociating oneself by one's actions".

They may be utter morons in some things, but when it comes to protecting their assets and/or reputation they are just about the most clever guys in the world.

• minimus
    minimus
    I am so glad that I am not an elder!!!!
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Wow!

Great post /thread!

This letter is pure gold.....

Now, when I request all correspondence about me and my recent cong issues,I can  simply politely ask for everything that mentions my name or discusses my case.

Then when they deny my request and say "I don't have a right to any such information about me" I can calmly reply "I'm sure there is a legal precedent to this simple request. If you don't wish to comply, then Im happy to make this a formal legal request. Perhaps then, the entire congregation filing cabinet will become publicly  known in the process!?"

I bet that will make them refer to letters like this quick smart!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit