Thinking about disassociating yourself - STOP!...at least for a moment

by rory-ks 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    it would be the most traumatic and difficult DF'ing the Elders had ever tried if they have a go, I'll make sure of that !

Phizzy I'd love to hear what you got planned for such an eventuality!

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Giordano,

I agree. Only be truthful about your feelings and beliefs to your spouse.

Spouses deserve to know the real you.

Even if they run to the elders, that's only 1 witness out of 2 needed.

No need to write a DA letter, just stop going, walk away and never meet/talk with 2 or more elders.

• Sabin
    Sabin
    Great thread, as every one acknowledges we must all make a choice that is according to our own personnel circumstances but I do feel that you (Rory) have put forward excellent thoughts for ones trying to leave to think about & consider, which can only place more power & control back in the hands of themselves where it belongs. So thank-you.
  • Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

rory-ks, regarding when I did it, "I wrote and mailed such a letter a few months ago", or so. I have not received any response/reaction to it. I am happy to have sent it.

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer
    I agree, it is an individuals choice to do so or not. However, For me personally, who exactly are you giving the power to if you officially decide to leave. Clearly disassociating yourself empowers the 7 guys in Brooklyn New York. If you want to leave, just leave ie fade. Don't give the GB the power. Just my thoughts!
  • Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

What about someone who became a JW, but later stopped believing in it and who wants the following: 1) to create a website that exposes the JW religion or the Bible as false, or to write a book on such; 2) to be known by the general public as an author who officially quit the JW religion (maybe even as one who became an ex-Christian [even an anti-Christ of a sort], or even an atheist) rather than one who was expelled from the religion; 3) someone who wants to have written proof (possibly to the extent of having the DA letter notarized) that he/she/neuter quit the religion and disavows its false teachings, to strengthen his/her/neuter's credentials/reputation as a critic of the religion (or even of religion of general) and to deny false possible charges by the WT of immorality.

Having the letter, months or even years, before one starts a career as an ex-JW and ex-Christian author and public speaker of atheism (and as a potential expert or authority on such who might receive televised interviews), would give the person a degree of power over the WT and its governing body. The ex-JW could post the letter publicly on the internet and/or in his/her/neuter's book as documentation.

• forzaitalia
    forzaitalia
    I handed in my letter of resignation personally to the congregation secretary. Then I messaged my best friends, the ones in the so called "truth", what I had done, and the reason in my letter being "news coverage worldwide that the JW religion protects paedophiles and throws the victims under the bus, so it is no different to the Catholic church I left". The woman who was my tutor before I got baptized put a scribbled bit of paper through my door full of evil lies and accusations she has dreamt up, the worst bit saying "You must know that you now work for the devil and the demons". I got really upset at her shocking speech. Fortunately, Wednesday morning, my best friend put a note in the door, letting me know, as requested by me, that they announced I was "no longer a JW" at Tuesday night's meeting. I felt so happy! So free! Am able to breathe again. Thank you Yahweh! In the letter, I asked the elders to respect my wishes never to contact me again, and for my address to be a permanent Do Not Call. Yes - The best thing for me was to excommunicate the elders 😂

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit