Life Is Short

by mrsjones5 11 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

in honour of the fact that life is short

wear your white shirts. get them pressed.
    use your good dishes — everyday.
    shave on weekends.

do not wait for special occasions.
    do not tuck your best away in the drawers, in the back of the closet, in your heart.
    don’t wait for holidays or invitations.

declare that your today is the special occasion.

call instead of emailing. (it feels so good to connect.)
    go for coffee.

quit.

renounce your glory days. you’ve told all of those stories more than twice.
    focus forward.

wear perfume for yourself. toss your only-wear-around-the-house clothes and let your good clothes graduate to around-the-house status.
    intend to feel good all of the time.

write your book.

launch.

make great sex a priority. (this alone will make you more creative and free. on your death bed, you will think about all the great sex you had this lifetime.)

burn your to-do list.

write poetry. One a day.

make a point to be as encouraging as possible, as much as possible, to everyone possible.

don’t look back.

if you feel like you’re always failing, consider that this is part of being an artist. let it be a divine inclination. keep going.

enter.

leave.

eat real food.

often refuse to be in the presence of people who make you feel repressed, anxious, or pull your frequency down.

do not entertain haters.

send light to the haters.

give it away. you probably don’t need it and someone else does.

turn off the tv.

let it be easy.

burn candles. during the day.

fall in love. with yourself. with the person you’re with. with the persons in your orbit.
    because no one is perfect, but you can let the love be perfect for the both of you.
    because everyone — everyone — is a doorway to God.
    because you can get there from here.

because life is short

http://www.daniellelaporte.com/inspiration-spirituality-articles/in-honour-of-the-fact-that-life-is-short/

• talesin
    talesin

This is a keeper. If I had a printer, would print it off and 'magnet' to my fridge.

*bookmarked*

merci!

tal

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Funny you should mention the above Mrs. J. I've been thinking lately of what the late columnist Erma Bombeck wrote a column about, similar to what you wrote above. In her column she asked herself who was she saving the good China for and so forth, in other words, be good to yourself while you still have the time to.

That's why I recently treated myself to the Vitamix, which is quite pricey and I always wanted a bottle of Tattinger's Champagne, which was very good I must say! Hey ya' can't take it with you !!

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

I love it! AMEN!

• ziddina
    ziddina

Excellent thread, Mrs. Jones!!

I would add a few... [being a She-Devil and all....]

Rescue an animal - or maybe two...

[in my case, 1 dog, 7 cats, and 3 hamsters - one of which has gone on to that great "hamster wheel" in the sky...]

Pet your dog/cats every day. Share a few [HEALTHY!] scraps with them. Share your bed/pillow... [borax and lavender oils help to repel fleas...]

Walk your dog or exercise your cats every day - the workout will be good for you, too!

Zid

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

HI, MRS JONES!

Good thread. I like it. I'll be following.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Good advice.

Live in the moment, for the moment is all we are sure of.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I've put some of these into practice in the past and it does make you feel better.

Nice one, MrsJ.

• I quit!
    I quit!

I like this. Great way to view things.

And I'd add if you're a JW in here sitting on the fence don't waste anymore of your life in the Watchtower. Get out and do something useful and fun with the rest of it.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Great list. Thanks for sharing.

I think I'd add:

turn on the music, sing along, dance... a lot

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit