Are you registered to vote????

by lalaa 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

Yes. That is the most important thing you can do to effect change for the better.

It blows my mind that jdubs just sit there and complain about certain laws and don't have a say in it. If you don't vote don't complain, that's my take on it.

Kojack

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

My family and I have been voting since 1980. That's the year my son turned 18 and was able to vote and we all decided to make our own decisions. I vote at every election. I agree with Kojack, if you don't vote don't

complain. I think it is so important to vote. People in the sixties died to help others get to vote. I think when you don't vote, you have voted to let someone else make the decisions/choices for you.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Yes I am, and yes I do vote. If you aren't or don't, please refrain from complaining about "this system of things".

• red21
    red21

Was easy to register...easy to vote in my state. I proudly display a bumper sticker and have donated to a candadite!

• smiddy
    smiddy

Down here in Australia it`s compulsory to register to vote when you turn 18 ,that being about the time I became involved in the JW religion,I never voted until I made a severance with the religion many years ago.I would often get a please explain letter why I failed to vote,which I dutifully filled out giving my scriptual reasons,which the Govt. obviously respected ,cause I never had any trouble from the Govt..After leaving the cult I certainly enjoy the priveledge of having my say in who should represent us in parliment,not that I always make the right decision but I enjoy the right to voice my opinion.

So to answer the Question ? Yes I am registered , and Yes I do vote

smiddy

• James Brown
    James Brown

I've been out of the organization since 83 and I have voted since 84.

• smiddy
    smiddy

As an afterthought, I dont really see a problem why more countrys, western democracies of course,dont have compulsory elections??.I mean if an individual is so incensed that his/her human rights is so violated by being compelled to vote,all they have to do is vote informally.They save face and the Govt.law is obeyed.Whats wrong with that ?

just my opinion

smiddy

• talesin
    talesin

Yes, I vote. And was a DRO (Deputy Returning Officer) in the last election.

I have been a card-carrying member of the New Democratic Party since the mid-90s, and have volunteered in a couple of campaigns.

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit