Are you registered to vote????

by lalaa 27 Replies latest jw friends

• nugget
    nugget

Yes in a democracy I feel it is important to be part of the process.

• Diest
    Diest

Shh no one tell too tired that he can most likely vote without getting sent any paper work. I would tell him but he is a righty

• lalaa
    lalaa

I can't wait to vote in local elections. I'm pretty sure I will vote in the presidental election this year, but not sure for who yet.

It's great to know that some of you have excercised your right to vote.

• d
    d

Yes I am registered.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Remember: For Jehovah's Witnesses, deciding whether or not to vote is a personal decision*. Just like blood transfusions.

* Yes, you will be excommunicated if you do it and the elders find out about it. But, like fornication, it's a personal decision.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Yes, I was able to register at 18. The minimum age was 21 but Viet Nam was ongoing. You could be drafted and die in Viet Nam but not vote.

I usually do legal work on Election Day dealing with voter integrity.

I do all these forbidden things now. Sometimes I stop in my tracks and ponder it. It is so hum drum to most people but not to me.

I never saw anything wrong with voting.

WWII had not been over that long. It alway struck me as bizarre that the Witnesses saw no difference between the US and Nazi Germany or Japan.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

No but I've seriously considered it, even if it's just for shits and giggles.

• LV101
    LV101

absolutely! i would never again let a cult influence me.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I am, and feel it is my civic duty, though I am annoyed that no one party comes close to what I would be really happy voting for.

Maybe I'll start my own!

Mind you, we do have a party in the U.K, that never gets anyone elected, it is called the Monster Raving Looney Party, it has real fun ideas, so I ought to stand for them, when I can afford to lose the £ 5,000.00 deposit !

• designs
    designs

Si, but you can also walk in on Voting Day they have special forms if you haven't registered, at least here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit