my DF-ing letter - opinions

by raxxxx 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• Diest
    Diest

WHy is it that everytime someone publishes their letter on here, the others have to tell them that no one will listen to it...SO WHAT! It is theraputic, and cathartic to write this type of letter. While many elders might not read on, I would not be suprised if some did. What if an elder leaves this letter out and his child gets to read it.

There is no downside to including you reasons for leaving, so why stop the upside, however limited it may be.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Diest: To be clear, writing a letter can often be exactly the right thing. However, here is what many of us know from experience. Many people are ignorant of the chain of events that will be set off, by writing a letter. I was ignorant of this.

Do you believe that people should make serious decisions from a position of ignorance? Or, do you believe that having as much information as possible would be better?

• Diest
    Diest

I dont think my post was very clear. It is ok to let people know it marks them as an apostate. I just dont like discouaging people from writing out their thoughts. You never know who might actually read it.

• clarity
    clarity

I so agree with leavingwt .... we need to watch our steps, otherwise we may paint ourselves into a corner!

We want lives that are as happy as possible.

No sense adding more pain to your situation by rushing and not taking your sweet time to think ahead.

The watchtower has taught us to walk around in our 'emotions', and don't think!!

Realizing that we are in a CULT is probably one of the most EMOTIONAL times of our lives!

I remember feeling like marching into that KH and telling that whole bunch of assholes right off! Imagine. We always felt in a hurry ... to get it done ..... armagddon's coming omg!!!!!!!

So glad I didn't. So glad I took the time to really think.

Let it be the right thing at the right time ... for you.

clarity

• undercover
    undercover

WHy is it that everytime someone publishes their letter on here, the others have to tell them that no one will listen to it.

Because opinions are asked for. So we give em...

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

"I was only refering to the part about how no one will read it."

I really did believe that someone might read my letter. I naively felt that I was making a compelling case. This was because I hadn't yet read and understood what Steve Hassan was trying to tell me in his book. I was not dealing with normal people. I was dealing with victims of Thought Reform. To actually place my thoughts into a letter was to work exactly in the opposite direction of my goal -- resucing my family. To rescue my family, I should have never, ever publicly challenged the position of the WT leadership and doctrines. Had it not been for my never-baptized older brother, my parents would still be JWs. He was the only person who could have direct interactions with my parents. He and I would have strategy sessions about how to reach them. He would have to vehemently deny having any contact with me. (Read: He had to continually lie to them about me.) I could not have any interactions with the, because I was an apostate, an agent of Satan.

If there is even a single person you would like to rescue from the WT, writing a letter is a very bad idea, IMHO.

• Diest
    Diest

I stand corrected. Thats a great point.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Raxxxx - Welcome to the board and bravo on learning about the lies of the WT. Writing the letter is cathartic, and may make you feel much better, and that's a good thing.

You understand you will be playing into their hands though by submitting it? Why not send it to as many rank and file JWs as possible, just slightly re-wording it to let them know that you love them, love God, etc, but cannot follow men anymore and must follow your Bible trained conscience? Then list your points, and tell them that you will never be afraid of telling the truth.

It will of course get reported to the elders soon, and they will have to try and deal with it. Be vague when they try toi investigate you- ask for a meeting to discuss "your doubts" and "get help". But prior to any annoucement that is made wherein all the Dubbs will be compelled to shun you there is a window of opportunity to Witness to them about the false prophecies and dates, etc.

Most will not listen, but a few might. We are here are we not? There are tens of thousands of JWs that are doubting due to these points you listed- and that makes it worthwhile to try IMO.

Also, if you can secure a judicial meeting with the brothers, you can record it, expose the lies to the elders who may one day wake up, and also put it online for all to hear-- One more stone piled up against the false prophets of the WT society.

Food for thought bro. Take care- you will make the right decision!

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

to wordy and i agree with undercover.

a simple and more satisfying leter reads..:

kiss my black ass!

• woman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit