Questions From Thinkers

by Perry 186 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Air needs wind. God needs nothing.

The Bible told me. Oh my! I may or may not have figured it out myself. I'll never know.

Ah. Who told you the Bible is credible? Why not the Qu'ran? 1.1 billion people believe it is the perfect and inalterable Word of God. Could they possibly be wrong? Of course they can. Could your belief that the Bible is the perfect and inalterable Word of God possibly be wrong too?

Anything you figure out for yourself that involves the creation of the universe is going to be very, very simple and will by definition be wrong.

• N.drew
    N.drew
    Could your belief that the Bible is the perfect and inalterable Word of God possibly be wrong too?

I don't believe the Bible is the perfect inalterable Word of God. So your right!

The Bible is a helper. It is lesser than me.

• N.drew
    N.drew

I meant to say wind needs air. lala! I don't know if air needs wind.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

I don't believe the Bible is the perfect inalterable Word of God. So your right!

added: Why do you disbelieve some parts but believe others?

The Bible is a helper. It is lesser than me.

Why not the Qu'ran?

• N.drew
    N.drew
    Why not the Qu'ran?

The Qu'ran is probably lesser than me too.

Why isn't the Qu'ran a helper? I do not know that it isn't.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Bhagavad Gita?

• N.drew
    N.drew

I have similar beliefs as the Universalist I think, just by reading JWN. Bhagavad Gita has sparks of truth imo. I just googled it.

• N.drew
    N.drew

I love Yoga. If I will be god, everyone will do yoga. How about that?

Now I'm in big trouble. lol

• N.drew
    N.drew

I do not believe the World is saved through good works. I think the world is saved by righteousness.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

I have similar beliefs as the Universalist I think, just by reading JWN. Bhagavad Gita has sparks of truth imo. I just googled it.

It was a bit of a rhetorical question, N. Are all holy books helpers? What about the Book of Mormon? The Talmud? Or The Tipitaka, The Kojiki, The Zend Avesta, The Guru Granth Sihib? Or all the other holy books? They all contradict one another. The Qu'ran specifically says the Bible is a fatally flawed, earlier revelation and following it will lead to eternal punishment in hell. It cannot be a helper at the same time it claims the Bible will lead to damnation. Since it follows that all of these books cannot be simultaneously right and wrong at the same time it follows that none of them are right.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit