Talked to 2 Elders Today

by 2tone 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Flossycat
    Flossycat

Hi 2tone. You said: 'I think they were more surprised at my pressured speech towards them than anything.' Good for you:) The first time I stood up to an elder it took him by surprise. His only way of response was to look down his nose and deride me for once having been a Pioneer and 'leaving the Truth'. Probably didn't help that I'm female, bowled up to him, spoke with him on equal footing - and questioned him!

I'm not sure of your history within the congo. Sounds like they're looking to find fault. They love trying to make people grovel and tow the line - gives their own small-mindedness an ego-boost. To me it just shows how pathetic and unhappy they are within their own skins.

Good to hear you on this subject. Keep us posted, please.

• Fernando
    Fernando

The MATRIX (religion) is irrational and so are those under its evil control. More so with the active supporters (Pharisees) rather than the passive ones (dumb sheeple).

In CBT (Conitive Behaviour Therapy - Psychology) irrational beliefs underpin irrational thinking which underpins irrational emotions and feelings which underpin irrational behaviour which underpins irrational outcomes.

The only way out is to leave the MATRIX and get therapy.

Even better find and activate the MATRIX kill switch Neo (Jesus).

• Think About It
    Think About It

Wow....the cult is now harrassing members over visiting family members not passing cult standards & expectations?

Think About It

• clearpoison
    clearpoison

Well, on top what is written we should use our educated conscious when deciding about things that are not written anywhere. Use our freedom of choice. The problem here is about what you just experienced. If anybody finds your choice to not fit their own perception of conscious, your choice is bad. Not because there is something written about the subject, but because your choice risked at least one person to fall. You may use your educated conscious as long as it is in line with the weakest person's in any individual situation they are aware of.

Just to take one example. According to what is written or not written, it is ok to consumate reasonable amount of wine together with food. This already is quite tight definition. What if there is person sitting in your table that you know (or maybe even do not know) thinks devote servants of god should not touch any alcoholic beverages. You should go along with this persons opinion, the rest of you ten attending this meal have not freedom of choice to select wine, as this one person would dislike it. What if you didn't know this person feels that way and proceed with serving wine. Obviously this person would refuse to take wine, might develop dark thoughts about this event thinking you are going over what is written. Well, this person contacts against the rules elders first and tells about this horrendous baccanale you just provided. Do the elders ask this person to settle the issue with you directly, absolutelly not. They will contact you and say that you might consider again in what kind of situation it is appropriate to serve wine, if at all. See, your freedom of choice suddenly became this weakest link's freedom of choice.

CP

• 2tone
    2tone

CP - good comparison, exactly right

Think about it - it would be more appropriate to hang with my womanizing brother

• Scott77
    Scott77

"...The situation as you described it is certainly no business of anyone else. when I was "studying" I was often amazed at how pushy my study conductor and the other one could be; enquiring into any problem I hinted at, asking openly about the "attitude" of family members, insisting that I fin time for a visit from the CO etc. They don't seem to understand privacy and boundaries"

Retrovirus

I recall during my bible study years, the elder as my bible study conductor, brought at least three regional branch heavies to visit me. It was a great experience and I felt loved and cared for. I must say, was innocent during that time.

Scott77

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Interesting. What was the 1984 Watchtower discussing that they spoke about?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

ifamily member? seriously? was there an incest problem that these two elders personally had to overcome, so now they are over sensative to family members sleeping over

• jemba
    jemba

This teenager is going through some tough decision making and he could do with your support... tell them to mind their own bloody business.!!

• carla
    carla

You said, " I told them it doesnt say anything about this topic in there elders book and they agreed."-- Did I miss something? are or were you ever an elder? doesn't this imply that you yourself have read the elders manual? won't that alone get you in trouble?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit