Talked to 2 Elders Today

by 2tone 32 Replies latest jw friends

• 2tone
    2tone

I had a conversation on the phone today with two different elders today. I dont want to post the topic that we discussed on here at this time. They had a problem with something going on in my life and I said where is it written that this is a problem. I told them it doesnt say anything about this topic in there elders book and they agreed. I said where is your information coming from. Funny, they quoted a 1984 Watchtower. I said lets take something that 30 years old and outdated seriously. They said the wording could be taken a couple different ways. I think they were more surprised at my pressured speech toward them more than anything. The best part is they were trying to protect the person they heard the problem from. They kept trying to pawn it off on another elder saying they heard the problem from them. Finally they gave in and told me who it was. I told them basically anybody that has a problem with me and wants to discuss my life doesnt need to talk to me anymore. The worst part is they said they were suppose to confirm what they heard with me first and they called two other people before me. I said your wrong as you should have called me first but you didnt. You failed at calling me first which you should have done in the first place. I was so effing angry today.

I want to thank them because this only expedites my departure from the religion.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Elders rarely follow procedure. They usually follow the rumour and make judgements before they have even spoken to the person involved. Been there.

• 2tone
    2tone

I put them in there place. Basically told them to go back and read there elders book. I just hope there isnt any repercussions when they dicuss my conversation with the rest of the elder body.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

I experienced something like this.

Someone had said something about me which wasn't true, as anyone who knew me could have seen. I said it was untrue, and they patently didn't believe me. After all, although they'd kept telling me I was a sister, when it came to it, I was the lowest of the low, not yet baptised. They refused to tell me who had said it. Eventually they apologised, and recognised that it wasn't true, which was obvious in the first place.

The thing is, they have set procedures, in the NT and in the Organised Book. If anyone has a grievance against someone, they should go and see that person first.

Wha happened? is right. They don't follow their own procedures. they have one rule for themselves and one rule for the rest of the world.

• 2tone
    2tone

The best part is there is some truth to the accusation. There is nothing written anywhere that says it was wrong. Even if everything was completely true there is nothing in the bible, watchtower, elders book (which is basically just quoting other watchtowers as it were fact or bible) that would say that what was going on was wrong or would be a real problem.

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

Brazen conduct?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I thought it odd that they even approached, not fully sure of the right and wrong of it, according to their own words. "They said the wording could be taken a couple different ways." So with that imbiguity how can one proceed? Well they really shouldn't, but elders lying about facts during their fact gathering is common. They feel that lying to a publisher in order to extract a confession, is par for the course. Again, been there

• 2tone
    2tone

Retrovirus - No not brazen conduct

Wha happened? - How bout this. The problem isnt with me. I have a family member who isnt a witness that will be at my house for a couple days. This family member is a teenager who isnt sure about there sexuality. Everybody thought it was there business to investigate this. What business is it of anybodys. I just dont get it. Dont people have better things to do. I guess it would be better company to associate with a drug dealer who changed his ways and got baptized.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

That's the damned truth. The Elders want you to follow the line written in the WT but they sure as hell don't! Jackasses push people out. In the long run those people are better off. Fools.

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

Hi 2tone, just to clear up, I didn't mean that you had indulged in brazen conduct, but whether the elders could use it as a catch all.

The situation as you described it is certainly no business of anyone else. when I was "studying" I was often amazed at how pushy my study conductor and the other one could be; enquiring into any problem I hinted at, asking openly about the "attitude" of family members, insisting that I fin time for a visit from the CO etc.

They don't seem to understand privacy and boundaries.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit